[1.3.7.2] New Weapons and Blocks

General Douglas

Aerial Admiral
Feb 4, 2019
America
So I've been testing out the new weapons; the Hawkeye Type 45 Naval Gun, and the Reticule Research Hive Missile Launcher, to see how they perform in the field.

I have to say the Hive Missile Launcher is a beast of a weapon, its missiles are incredibly fast and it deals loads of small hits quickly, the seeking also rivals that of the Avalanche launcher!

The Naval Gun however is a bit pretty underwhelming. It looks and sounds awesome, the barrels recoiling one after another is wicked, but shot for shot the turret only deals 100 more damage than the Venture Rapid Cannon, which is several times smaller. When in barrage mode the Rapid Cannon reaches 3000 damage a second, whereas the Naval Gun deals a meager 3300. I strongly suggest the Naval Gun be buffed in some regard so it has the means to live up to its massive size and perform like a true Hawkeye Weapon, I would even take a reduction in rate of fire so that it may do twice the damage with every shot as it fires very quickly!

Please fix the Naval Gun, it has so much potential!

Edit: Just looked at the costs, the Naval Gun costs $30,882 BB while the Rapid Cannon comes in at 9,933!

Desktop Screenshot 2020.02.04 - 13.49.35.85.pngDesktop Screenshot 2020.02.04 - 13.49.08.42.pngDesktop Screenshot 2020.02.04 - 13.49.43.57.png

Keep in mind the Hitbox of the Type 45 is 6x8x2, while that of the rapid cannon is 3x3x1, the Rapid Cannon can also do a full 360 and rotates much faster!

Desktop Screenshot 2020.02.04 - 13.49.17.43.png

Desktop Screenshot 2020.02.04 - 13.55.17.83.png

This thing is awesome I had to include a screenshot of this

Last edited:

Warning220

Defence enthusiast, Battle ship expert
Dec 9, 2018
Devs please check out any videos on naval battleship cannons any you see everything you did wrong its the complete opposite of a real naval cannon completely opposite.

桂桃~

Nov 21, 2017
I reckon an increased explosion radius (up to MK3 levels) and 2-2.5k damage/shot (As opposed to the MK3's 3k) would do, since it's clearly not as big of a gun as the MK3. However, this weapon has strikingly low recoil in comparison to the MK3 Battleship Cannon, so I feel like it would go on hover craft pretty nicely. As such, I think the rotation speed should be buffed as well. The staggered firing is something I really like, would take it over a salvo mode any day, though it would be nice to have both.

On another note, bullet velocity seems kinda poor as well, it would be interesting to raise the weapon's muzzle velocity to >500, but due to the in-game physics engine, this would also increase the range by like 5 fold.

Perfectly understand that the devs are being cautious for balance reasons, though said caution may have been overblown a smidge. This is, after all, supposed to be one of the best weapons in the game. Without the shield-penetrating explosive damage and the punch to tear through repair bubbles, the Type 45 is indeed, rather underwhelming.

EDIT: Bullet points on Type 45 Naval Gun:
  • Damage per shot is far too low, should be raised to Gigaton level or slightly below.
  • Explosion radius is way too small, as is, it is comparable to the Venture cannon. Needs to be raised to the HE heavy weapons size.
  • Turning speed is too low, same can be said of the HG1 and Gigaton. Either increase engagement range or increase turning speed.
  • Barrels need to be able to tilt downwards to some extent. Currently has no such capability. (Probably would clip like the HE 'tickler gun' but nevertheless necessary)
  • Bullet velocity is rather low, same can be said about most projectile weapons. Raise it significantly and see how it goes.
  • Raise price.
  • Firing rate may be a bit too high. In addition, salvo mode (First shot) would be awesome.

As for the HIVE missile launcher, it's pretty cool but I think it would see use mostly on bases as a defensive measure, it doesn't have the damage and explosion radius of even the HE missile pods to justify it's long startup time and large size.

Last edited:

Warning220

Dec 9, 2018
I reckon an increased explosion radius (up to MK3 levels) and 2-2.5k damage/shot (As opposed to the MK3's 3k) would do, since it's clearly not as big of a gun as the MK3. However, this weapon has strikingly low recoil in comparison to the MK3 Battleship Cannon, so I feel like it would go on hover craft pretty nicely. As such, I think the rotation speed should be buffed as well. The staggered firing is something I really like, would take it over a salvo mode any day, though it would be nice to have both.

On another note, bullet velocity seems kinda poor as well, it would be interesting to raise the weapon's muzzle velocity to >500, but due to the in-game physics engine, this would also increase the range by like 5 fold.

Perfectly understand that the devs are being cautious for balance reasons, though said caution may have been overblown a smidge. This is, after all, supposed to be one of the best weapons in the game. Without the shield-penetrating explosive damage and the punch to tear through repair bubbles, the Type 45 is indeed, rather underwhelming.

EDIT: Bullet points on Type 45 Naval Gun:
  • Damage per shot is far too low, should be raised to Gigaton level or slightly below.
  • Explosion radius is way too small, as is, it is comparable to the Venture cannon. Needs to be raised to the HE heavy weapons size.
  • Turning speed is too low, same can be said of the HG1 and Gigaton. Either increase engagement range or increase turning speed.
  • Barrels need to be able to tilt downwards to some extent. Currently has no such capability. (Probably would clip like the HE 'tickler gun' but nevertheless necessary)
  • Bullet velocity is rather low, same can be said about most projectile weapons. Raise it significantly and see how it goes.
  • Raise price.
  • Firing rate may be a bit too high. In addition, salvo mode (First shot) would be awesome.

As for the HIVE missile launcher, it's pretty cool but I think it would see use mostly on bases as a defensive measure, it doesn't have the damage and explosion radius of even the HE missile pods to justify it's long startup time and large size.
The range of the naval gun needs to be increased because of the low damage per shot it just kill a tech fast enough

Reactions: General Douglas

桂桃~

Nov 21, 2017
The range of the naval gun needs to be increased because of the low damage per shot it just kill a tech fast enough
Again, if you increase muzzle velocity by 5 times, the range of the weapon is increased by 5 times as well, because in the time that it takes for the bullet to drop to the ground, it can travel much further. I suppose that's why most bullets seem so slow, so as to limit the range of these weapons. Increasing gravity (or just the gravity vector acting on projectiles) would allow bullets to be fired at much higher speeds, though I would like to see the range tentatively buffed for the time being by increasing bullet velocity.

On a side note, the bullet from the Type 45 is kinda ugly. Why not use the HE bullet models?

Reactions: Warning220

Warning220

Dec 9, 2018
Again, if you increase muzzle velocity by 5 times, the range of the weapon is increased by 5 times as well, because in the time that it takes for the bullet to drop to the ground, it can travel much further. I suppose that's why most bullets seem so slow, so as to limit the range of these weapons. Increasing gravity (or just the gravity vector acting on projectiles) would allow bullets to be fired at much higher speeds, though I would like to see the range tentatively buffed for the time being by increasing bullet velocity.

On a side note, the bullet from the Type 45 is kinda ugly. Why not use the HE bullet models?
it looks like a peanut

zanzistar

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
Aug 13, 2014
London
I've increased the damage of each bullet and the blast radius of each explosion and also added a slight bump to the range of the Type 45 Naval Gun in the next coming update. Oh yeah, I also increased the rotation speed.

The DPS dummy in R&D does not take splash damage into account and the Type 45 does more splash damage than the Rapid Cannon (as of the next update). @General Douglas can you please explain to me what you mean by 'barrage mode'?

I've also updated the bullet and casing assets to HE ones.

Even before these changes the Type 45 was the highest DPS explosive weapon in the game (mainly because the others are slower firing). It's now even more powerful than that. I'm not sure what you lot are fighting with this thing but it should do the job.

Thanks for the feedback. LMK what you think after the next update.

Last edited:

Warning220

Dec 9, 2018
I've increased the damage of each bullet, the blast radius and also added a slight bump to the range of the Type 45 Naval Gun in the next coming update. I've also increased the rotation speed of the turret.

The DPS dummy in R&D does not take splash damage into account and the Type 45 does more splash damage than the Rapid Cannon as of the update. Can you please explain to me what you mean by 'barrage mode'?

Even before these changes the Type 45 was the highest DPS explosive weapon in the game (mainly because the others are slower firing). It's now even more powerful than that. I'm not sure what you lot are fighting with this thing but it should do the job.

thankyou

General Douglas

Aerial Admiral
Feb 4, 2019
America
I've increased the damage of each bullet and the blast radius of each explosion and also added a slight bump to the range of the Type 45 Naval Gun in the next coming update. Oh yeah, I also increased the rotation speed.

The DPS dummy in R&D does not take splash damage into account and the Type 45 does more splash damage than the Rapid Cannon (as of the next update). @General Douglas can you please explain to me what you mean by 'barrage mode'?

Very appreciated, thanks! By "Barrage Mode" I mean just holding down the spacebar and letting the cannon fire at its rapid pace

Edit: As for the lot we are fighting, something's gotta stick it to those GeoCorp monsters that spawn once in a blue moon...

Last edited:

Saelem Black

Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy
Aug 25, 2018
Yes, I'm not sure why folks are complaining. The rapid cannon was the highest dps cannon before this.

Perhaps it doesn't feel "cannon-y" enough? If that's the case, a slower rate of fire, but more damage per shot?

Warning220

Dec 9, 2018

what most people were expecting with this cannon wasnt rapid fire but burst fire .

Reactions: GrandOldFlag

Warning220

Dec 9, 2018

also one very big thing yes it might have the highest dps in the game but its also a matter of size the rapid fire cannon is much much smaller and the type 45 cannon is very big. so yes it has high dps but it dosent matter if you can get higher dps with just 4 rapid fire cannons in the same space

General Douglas

Aerial Admiral
Feb 4, 2019
America
also one very big thing yes it might have the highest dps in the game but its also a matter of size the rapid fire cannon is much much smaller and the type 45 cannon is very big. so yes it has high dps but it dosent matter if you can get higher dps with just 4 rapid fire cannons in the same space
Yeah that hitbox was pretty dissuading

桂桃~

Nov 21, 2017

Straight up DPS does not mean greater effectiveness. The MK3's success owes to the power of it's explosive projectile, possessing a blast radius large enough to damage techs even through a havoc shield. The auto cannons have greater DPS than the explosives but that does not mean that they are more effective, as most techs have shields, which is a place where powerful explosive weapons shine.

As for the DPS of the weapon, I think it's best to think of the Type 45 as 3 guns, not 1. The size it takes up definitely supports that interpretation. Testing it side by side with the HG1, Cruise Missile, MK3, Gigaton, etc, against the bricks and the difference is clear. While on paper, the Type 45 gun's DPS is highest, it can only hit a couple blocks through the shields on the bricks, while the other weapons listed can damage an entire face, and drains more battery as well.

Finally, I was hoping that against those targets in target practice, one bullet would violently send blocks flying everywhere, like those weapons I previously listed do.

General Douglas

Aerial Admiral
Feb 4, 2019
America
Straight up DPS does not mean greater effectiveness. The MK3's success owes to the power of it's explosive projectile, possessing a blast radius large enough to damage techs even through a havoc shield. The auto cannons have greater DPS than the explosives but that does not mean that they are more effective, as most techs have shields, which is a place where powerful explosive weapons shine.

As for the DPS of the weapon, I think it's best to think of the Type 45 as 3 guns, not 1. The size it takes up definitely supports that interpretation. Testing it side by side with the HG1, Cruise Missile, MK3, Gigaton, etc, against the bricks and the difference is clear. While on paper, the Type 45 gun's DPS is highest, it can only hit a couple blocks through the shields on the bricks, while the other weapons listed can damage an entire face, and drains more battery as well.

Finally, I was hoping that against those targets in target practice, one bullet would violently send blocks flying everywhere, like those weapons I previously listed do.
Yeah I'm hoping it gets performance like this right here