[1.3.5] Missing base (still on radar)

TheImpossible

Nov 27, 2019
Hey, I've got a bug report.
In the image that I've attached to this message, you can see on the radar that I've got a base near my current tech, but in the over world my base is missing and it's just the Trading Station. The game version is 1.3.5

Many thanks,
TheImpossible

Attachments

Last edited:

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Jun 29, 2017
UK
www.youtube.com
I've moved this post out to it's own thread. (A new thread per bug is the general process.)

It might be handy for the devs if you could upload your save game file too.

Have you tried saving, fully restarting the game and then reloading?

killhome99

Apr 19, 2020
it may be underground or stuck in the sky, i know that at -3000 ish altitude you get sent back to somewhere close to 0, i used grav generators to glitch through the floor one time

L'kid

May 20, 2020
It's not my first game on Terratech, it's on campaign and I do a race mission ... I don't really remember the name but it's like 1 800 m in 60 seconds I think ... So I build a special tech for speed with Venture and after finish the mission, i get bak to my little base with my "Tanker" tech and my other stuff for refine ect ... but my tech have just disapear. It show on the radar taht there is my two tech but there is nothing on the map

Attachments

Throwaway998

May 28, 2020
Same problem here... My entire base vanished when i got back from a mission.
The blue markers were there but the techs were gone. Tech manager showed a list of blank techs.
One thing I noticed was that it seemed like the chunk "reverted" back to a previous state.
The rocks I mined and the trees I cut down and the mineral vein I harvested grew back(the greeen above surface part).
Memory issues maybe?

Pics:

YaYYeeT

Turning out ESS lore at 0.0282739 words per minute
Apr 27, 2020
<redacted>
I have the same issue(happened several times) on XB1.(Bugs don't count as necro)

C7spyder

Jul 29, 2020
I have the same exact problem and am really mad since I spend like 2 hours or so making my base huge and exactly how I wanted it surrounding it with about 6 turrets and it's all like there but not visible and doesn't have a picture on the manage tech sections, I flew off with a plane I built and came back to a completely invisible base, it's as if it's not even there accept for the radar.....

YaYYeeT

Turning out ESS lore at 0.0282739 words per minute
Apr 27, 2020
<redacted>
This only happens, say with an SCU when I send it to inventory and save the game just as it's swirling into the black hole. Later if I load the save there will still be the marker which is of an regular anchored tech, not the vortex symbol of the SCU, while not being there. The SCU will still drop. If I open manage techs the game will hard crash on me and the only solution is to go out of render distance and send blocks to inventory will only work via manage techs then.

Commander 86

Apr 2, 2019
Well, you can throw my name into this pile now. I went off to do the Mine Island Rescue Mission the other day. I returned to find my auto miner, oleite refinery, and one of my defense turrets missing.

Version: 1.4
Platform: PC
Mode: Single player campaign
Seed: abOV98V5SmQg0Cq

My experience is pretty much identical to the one described by Throwaway998. The three missing techs still appear in the tech manager, but their names and images are blank.

And if you think that's weird, these techs that I can't see or control still have collision data, so I can actually bump into them. Ghost techs might be a better description for these.

The oleite seam that I was mining is also gone, it was the one that Crafty Mike shows you if that makes any difference. I think Throwaway998 is right about it having something to do with chunks reverting to an earlier state. I've had terrain inexplicably reset on me in the past. It is usually precluded by unusual amounts of lag and stuttering.

Yes, I have saves and an output log. I have e-mailed them to help@payloadstudios.com

TheImpossible

Nov 27, 2019
I've moved this post out to it's own thread. (A new thread per bug is the general process.)

It might be handy for the devs if you could upload your save game file too.

Have you tried saving, fully restarting the game and then reloading?
Hey,
I've still got the same problem and ran into it today while playing, and yes, I've tried saving, fully restarting and reloading, but the same results happened. Still disappeared base with my techs even though they're on the radar.

What should I do? I want the developers to know.

Adriano

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
May 16, 2016
Hey @TheImpossible , can you please upload your save game to this forum thread so we can take a closer look? Not sure what we can do about this but we'll do our best.

Heric

Jul 18, 2015
Just lost my entire gigantic all-in one factory that took me like 5h to build to this bug. If that's not enough my main miner/killer tech went with it too.
I went really far away to do some missions with a flyer, then I tried using the window that shows my techs to recall the main miner/killer dude so I could respawn him. And notice I had a lot of techs with blank miniatures and no names.
Even the worst part is that I made a huge modification to my factory and I didn't have it saved to a snapshot.
Here is the save file, the techs I mentioned are right close to the flying tech on this save, you cannot see them just on the radar.
I would really love if you could fix my save (as you did years ago on another game-breaking glitch). I went back to this game after two years to check it out, hoping this kind of stuff would not happen anymore. Seems like I still have to keep multiple save file backups :/

[edit] Btw the game version is 1.4.2 on PC.

[edit 2] It is like the game doesn't even know what was in those white techs. If I send them to inventory using the tech manager I don't even get the blocks back. Is all the info related to how my techs were just lost?

[edit 3] Just attached a snapshot of the fabricator base, although it's not the current version (the version on the map has more stuff in it) but it is still the same tech name.

Attachments

Last edited: