[1.3.3.1] UI feedback (detailed)

MrTwister

On a second look, really the single significant breaker issue with new UI is these huge chunks of plain white filler space which does nothing, carries no information, but obscures vision, irritates sight, hides game world from view.

If dev team can take giant scissors and simply cut out all filler white space from UI by only keeping information-carrying elements of UI and removing/making 100% transparent all non-information-carrying ones that would be an instant 500% improvement in UI quality.

And dont forget to make the radar transparent.

-=ROOSTER=-

Complete Idiot
Why is there doubles of some of the themes in the paint/texture panel? Is there actually a difference that I'm just not seeing, or something? Not that I find any of them (other than the desert camo, and occasionally the black BF ones) usable anyhow.

I hate to sound that critical, but I don't remember anyone having a problem with the old UI that I can recall that would make it a top priority. I can kinda see that the addition of the paint bar on the right and it being a little different is something. But wouldn't it have made more sense to style it (the new bar) like the rest of the existing UI instead? Just seems like all that time could have been better used on things that we had actually suggested that we would like changed.

Again, sorry but I couldn't up a better way to put it. We really do appreciate any work do on our behalf. Most, if not all of us anyways.

Falchoin

One of my biggest gripes with the new UI is the block menu obscures (or removes?) the co-op chatbox entirely. Also, the new chatbox suffers the problem of the old one where pressing “p” or “l” brings up the associated windows while typing.

Website
sapioit.com
Why is there doubles of some of the themes in the paint/texture panel? Is there actually a difference that I'm just not seeing, or something? Not that I find any of them (other than the desert camo, and occasionally the black BF ones) usable anyhow.

I hate to sound that critical, but I don't remember anyone having a problem with the old UI that I can recall that would make it a top priority. I can kinda see that the addition of the paint bar on the right and it being a little different is something. But wouldn't it have made more sense to style it (the new bar) like the rest of the existing UI instead? Just seems like all that time could have been better used on things that we had actually suggested that we would like changed.
Simply removing the rounded corners (or making the roundness smaller) and making the background darker (instead of whiter), the old UI would have become a lot more "modern" than it was, comparable with the current one, and with a lot less effort involved.

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
OK, so it looks like UI designer Nadim has made a very well presented and informative blog post about the overal UI redesign process and many aspects addressed above.

And Matt's made a new feedback thread to announce that and officially ask for (respectful) feedback. So please continue this discussion by responding ► over there ◄.:)