[1.3.2] TT12 Big track problems

Sokolov

During playing with aformentioned blocks, I have encountered several questionable properties:
1) The power of those tracks seems oddly small.
2) Same with the gripping power.
3) Suspension is also quite questionable.
During tests conducted on my craft I have discovered, that when equipped with those tracks, it show a large braking distanse, zero turning power as well as extremely slow speed.
Moreover, the same craft equipped with M4 tracks showed a better dynamics than the TT12 one.
As I am unsure if that is a bug or a feature, I post this issue here.
Also attaching two files with testing crafts.
Could you please be so kind to investigate if this is my fault - or those tracks are underpowered?

Attachments

BenBacon

Founder Of Bacon, Inc
Honestly tracks in general need some rework e.g. last time I checked the VEN tracks had basically no suspension making them basically BF landing skids
The tracks themselves I don't think even have proper track properties (i.e turning opposite tracks in opposite directions or when turning, only slowing one down while the other remains at top speed)

Personally I would like to see a block that allows you to build custom tracks instead of us having to stick with the limited options that are given (realistic track properties would be nice as well)

Saelem Black

Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy
At one point, one of the devs said that tracks work fundamentally different from wheels in the code. Since they're newer and they can't just recycle the wheel code, there hasn't been as much work put into them.

I 100% agree with @Sokolov 's assessment. The only caution I would add is that the ability to turn and the track's grip directly fight each other on most player techs. Usually turning involves forcing part of the track to slide sideways, which then causes issues with grip. Point being, all these properties are intertwined, which can make fixing tracks a challenge. Still, I hope the devs keep working on them.