[1.3.2] Dropper can't pull from node silo?

burger1113

I think I might have done this a long time ago and it worked, but as seen in the pic below, the dropper isn't pulling the chunks from the GSO node silo. Oh wait, droppers can't pull from any silos? Is that just how things are? It'd be nice if they could, tho...

20190918230937_1.jpg

I'll upload the save file too, just in case. Oh, and if you see this @Sdarks, are we getting the AntiGrav Tweak anytime soon?

Attachments

Last edited:

Falchoin

Help me understand why you would want a dropper tied directly to a silo. Silo -> filter -> dropper I understand. With just a dropper attached to a silo wouldn’t the silo act only as a bit of a buffer in the case of multiple inputs and only one dropper?

Hlebuw3k

The Bread Cat
So, you have a silo, then a dropper attached to it, BUT THEN YOU HAVE A COLLECTOR ON THAT SILO, SO ANYTIME IT DROPS ANYTHING, ITS GOING TO PICK IT BACK UP. I dont understand where you were going with this tech, but it wont work. Silos going into silos with filters, useless. Just place a single line of conveyors, and put everything on it. Collectors with scrappers at the front, then silos and refineries at the middle, and fabricators with delivery cannons at the back. (just a recomendation, not a rule to follow, just how i do stuff, and i found it to be the most efficent order)

burger1113

So, you have a silo, then a dropper attached to it, BUT THEN YOU HAVE A COLLECTOR ON THAT SILO, SO ANYTIME IT DROPS ANYTHING, ITS GOING TO PICK IT BACK UP. I dont understand where you were going with this tech, but it wont work. Silos going into silos with filters, useless.
First, I was making it so the dropper drops the chunks to the receiver down below, which DOES work even with the collector so close by.
Secondly, the filters between the silos are sorting the incoming chunks so the fuels are stacked towards the 2x2 silo leading to the generators. Non-fuel types are sorted towards the stern side where they can be pulled to either the fabricator, delivery cannon, or plasma furnace.
This way, one could also move specific chunks around to whichever silo for processing, without long lines of conveyors: more space taken. Filter-connected silos also act like one silo, stacking towards the last one in the link. And in a sense, this tech does go by the three compartment guideline you suggested(collector+refinery feeding in from both sides of the tech). It's just that the silos are acting as conveyors that each hold tons of chunks lol
I'd like to know if there was a configuration that would give the same functionality in less amount of space, though :)

Last edited:

burger1113

Help me understand why you would want a dropper tied directly to a silo. Silo -> filter -> dropper I understand. With just a dropper attached to a silo wouldn’t the silo act only as a bit of a buffer in the case of multiple inputs and only one dropper?
You are correct: the silo IS a buffer to prevent the dropper being overloaded, but also serving as a filter to pull chunks from the collector. Just to use less blocks and less space. Why I need a collector there is another story tho...
I do admit that not a lot of people would use droppers in this manner, but I also don't see why they absolutely should not be able to pull from silos? More creative possibilities eh?

Last edited: