[1.3.10] Missile/Mortar Malfunction

Commander 86

Apr 2, 2019
Version: 1.3.10
Platform: PC
Mode: Single player campaign/creative/co-op creative/R&D
Seed: Irrelevant

This one's a doozy!

As you can see, enemy missiles fail to home in on player techs.
They do, however, home in on their own techs. Oops.

UPDATE: I did some additional testing and verified that mortar shells are subject to the same faulty behavior.

Last edited:

killhome99

Apr 19, 2020
idk but in co-op creative players on the same team home on eachother still, nice video
*yay i was included in this

Last edited:

Commander 86

Apr 2, 2019
Definitely not intentional. There's no reason why enemy missiles should ignore player techs and zero in on their own techs during normal gameplay. It looks to me like all missiles (and mortar shells) have been set to target non-player entities regardless of which faction fired them. This didn't happen in the older versions of TerraTech when I initially tested missile turrets against my aircraft. Some parameter must have been changed in the interim.

There's a similar issue in co-op, according to killhome99, so I suppose players can also have their weapons malfunction when there's more than one player-controlled faction. The developers really should look into this.

Last edited:

Commander 86

Apr 2, 2019
This bug is still at large in version 1.3.11 (and 1.3.11.1). It's a very serious problem in multiplayer, but it's also quite noticeable in single player.

This is a significant issue that affects combat in all game modes. Please investigate as soon as possible.

Reactions: Mindlessmrawesome

Adriano

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
May 16, 2016
Hey guys. sorry for the delay on this one. We've taken a look and it should be fixed in the next Unstable. Please let me know if you still have issues. Cheers :)

Commander 86

Apr 2, 2019
Better late than never! Enemy missiles and mortars are performing as intended in version 1.3.11.3. Hopefully, this fixes the issue in multiplayer as well.