[1.2.06] Messed up controls.

Mooncake

So apperently i had to post here since the steam forums werent looked at much (got that from one of the devs)

Since i really dont feel like doing my full story again ill post the steam link to my thread.
https://steamcommunity.com/app/285920/discussions/1/1643168364644627962/

The first couple messages were from another bug, so ignore that part.

Basically in short i can not use hovercrafts or helicopters since lift doesnt work and most controls dont work on helicopters.
What i did found was that if i used the hover control block to put it low or up after that lift works but does not stay the the level you let it go.
I've seen people in youtube videos that could so i know its possible.

I tried changing keys putting it back to default, almost everything.

Anyone got an idea?

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
got that from one of the devs
Sure it wasn't me (on some other thread)? I tell this to a lot of people on that Steam bugs section... :rolleyes: Not a dev, incidentally.

Basically in short i can not use hovercrafts or helicopters since lift doesnt work and most controls dont work on helicopters.
It might help to upload one or two snapshots that you are using that are having trouble, for the QA testers to be sure there's not a tech specific issue going on here, if they can't easily reproduce the issue. I've not seen it, I don't think. Been able to go up/down on lift axis controls.

I tried changing keys putting it back to default, almost everything.
Is that in the Control Schemes options menu as well as the main options menu for key bindings?

Mooncake

Sure it wasn't me (on some other thread)? I tell this to a lot of people on that Steam bugs section... :rolleyes: Not a dev, incidentally.

It might help to upload one or two snapshots that you are using that are having trouble, for the QA testers to be sure there's not a tech specific issue going on here, if they can't easily reproduce the issue. I've not seen it, I don't think. Been able to go up/down on lift axis controls.

Is that in the Control Schemes options menu as well as the main options menu for key bindings?

No it wasnt you haha, it was sdarks.

Also snapshots dont really show anything since its movement and stand still techs wont show what i mean. and if you mean the craft i tested it with the quest tech you get from better future, and the creative one you get. So both inside the game and not made by me.

The control schemes are both in default.

When it comes to controls i used every key i could on my keyboard and nothing works. I tried changing the axis too (default on axis 4 but tried 6 and others too) nothing changes this. I tried changing the keys in the ingame menu for axis 4 even turning off multiple axises and just having 4 on.

Lift does not work in both hover and heli mode, pitch does not work in heli mode. Airplane does work for some reason.

The lift controller (the block) makes things even weirder because when i change it (or click it without changing the height) Suddenly the lift works up and down but it doesnt keep its level like its suppose to do.

I've seen in serveral youtube videos that people can actually lift, and even the quest says Move the thech up and down with the up and down arrow keys.

kae

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
Hey there, can you try and reset both the controls in the options menu back to default and then also set the control scheme for the selected 'Hover' control scheme back to default too.

Snapshots also store control scheme information, so it would be helpful to attach the tech snapshot you're having trouble with here for us to see if there are any problems with the way the axis' are bound.

Let me know if resetting the control schemes works for you.

Cheers

Mooncake

Hey there, can you try and reset both the controls in the options menu back to default and then also set the control scheme for the selected 'Hover' control scheme back to default too.

Snapshots also store control scheme information, so it would be helpful to attach the tech snapshot you're having trouble with here for us to see if there are any problems with the way the axis' are bound.

Let me know if resetting the control schemes works for you.

Cheers

I have them all at default like i stated above too and in hover mode.

I have problems with all snapshots regarding hover. I tried serveral from the workshop and none of them seem to work.

kae

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
Can you attach your UserData.Sav and any snapshot you are having trouble with to this post please?

You can find the UserData.Sav in the location below

DRIVE:\Users\**YOUR USER**\Documents\My Games\TerraTech\**YOUR STEAM ID**\Saves

Mooncake

Can you attach your UserData.Sav and any snapshot you are having trouble with to this post please?

You can find the UserData.Sav in the location below

DRIVE:\Users\**YOUR USER**\Documents\My Games\TerraTech\**YOUR STEAM ID**\Saves
I know that these 2 dont work going up and down.

Attachments

kae

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
Strange, it seems like using both those snapshots reproduce your issue, but switching to another hover tech in the world won't. We'll investigate further.

In the meantime can you try verifying the integrity of your steam cache please?

You can do this by following the instructions below

1. In Steam > Library, right-click on TerraTech
  2. Select Properties
  3. Select Local Files tab
  4. Click on Verify Integrity of Game Cache
Thanks!

Mooncake

Strange, it seems like using both those snapshots reproduce your issue, but switching to another hover tech in the world won't. We'll investigate further.

In the meantime can you try verifying the integrity of your steam cache please?

You can do this by following the instructions below

1. In Steam > Library, right-click on TerraTech
  2. Select Properties
  3. Select Local Files tab
  4. Click on Verify Integrity of Game Cache
Thanks!

Actually so far i did that three times but i did try again and everything was validated so nothing wrong, also my brother has the same issue. Even with his own built techs.

Adriano

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
@Mooncake Hey buddy, we have a fix for this but sadly it just missed the cut off for the Stable build. Turns out this is due to the control system not taking into account the region you are in, and how some regions use periods as thousand separators instead of commas. The fix will appear in the next update. In the meantime you can fix the issue by adding a hover control block, adjusting the height that way and then remove it. Hopefully that workaround will help you in the meantime :)

Mooncake

Thanks!

I already found the temp fix with the hover block control. which sort of help but on the fly thats hard to play hence the reason i asked.

Also just to be clear because i couldnt really find that answer is that when it works, is the hover tech suppose to keep its height when you let go off the key ? or does it go back to the standard height it was set too?