[1.2.0.6] Problem with tech respawning in creative mode

Mindlessmrawesome

So I have this nifty plane called the skybender which carries 2 player-controlled cruise missiles. You release a missile, guide it into it's target, blow it up, then respawn in the skybender which has been steadily cruising along while you were flying your missile.

The purpose of the skybender can be demonstrated by this little RP I made in discord:
skybender rp.JPG Yeah ther skybender rp 2.JPG

there's a problem with that. In both the R&D and the Creative mode, if the SkyBender is out of render distance, the game will instead respawn me at the spawn with a whole new skybender. I don't exactly remember this happening before so I'm reporting it as a bug, because when you die you should respawn in the nearest alive tech, correct?

Here's the skybender's snapshot: (please dont upload it to the workshop or anything, I've been trying to do that but it keeps failing)
MD 279 Pcr SkyBender.png

kae

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
I believe this has always been a thing?
The respawn to nearest alive tech has always only looked at loaded techs on tile.

Mindlessmrawesome

I believe this has always been a thing?
The respawn to nearest alive tech has always only looked at loaded techs on tile.
ok then ignore me XD

though it would be nice if it looked at all techs and loaded them in if they're the nearest by tech... but idk this isn't a bug so I'm sorry