[1.1] [Windows 10] Can't turn left or right anymore

I was in Campaign build menu with the field of cabs. An enemy tech destroyed me. I then chose a cab from the respawn menu, and at the same time I saw that the number of cabs in the build menu went down. The game crashed and now it is not possible to turn right or left with any of the vehicles in the game (except it works in the build beam).
I have tried to restart computer, restart saved games and start new games but the problem remains.

I have tried to find the files: crash.dmp, error.log and output.txt, but they are nowhere to be found.

Please help :)

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
Hey, thanks for coming to post on the forum.:) Did you see this bug reporting guide and try looking in these locations?:
Dxdiag
To obtain a DXDiag:

1. Click on the Start button and select 'Run', if you cannot see 'Run' type it into the window and the application should appear.
2. In the Open: field type in dxdiag and click the OK button.
3. Click Save All Information then upload the saved file for us to view.

Game Logs
To obtain a game log:
For Windows:

In Steam > Library, right-click on TerraTech
Select Properties
Select Local Files tab
Click on Browse Local Files
Find output_log.txt in the TerraTech data folder

Note: If you are playing TT_Unstable beta branch, the path is:

C:\Users\*Username*\AppData\LocalLow\Payload\TerraTech

For Mac:

The file should be at ~/Users/YourUserName/Library/Logs/Unity/Player.log

For Linux:

The file should be at ~/.config/unity3d/Payload/TerraTech/Player.log

Save Games and Snapshots
The general location for Save games and Snapshots are located below

C:\Users\*YOUR USER*\Documents\My Games\TerraTech\Saves\*YOUR PROFILE*

They are then placed in separate folders depending on their type La

It'd definitely be good if you could upload the save game (too). DxDiag might be helpful, I'm unsure. The output_log.txt will only only be from your most recent instance of running the game, but a crash dump folder could be good. You may need to zip that up, to attach it to a post, here, as you have to stay under 1MB with file uploads.

Edit: I've just noticed that you put "[R&D]" in the title. Is that just because you have the DLC? There's no need to state that if the bug happened in Campaign (unless R&D blocks are the cause of the bug). I've replaced it with "[1.1]" for now - the game's version number is more important. OK?:)

Last edited:
Many thanks ZeroGravitas :) we were not sure what to put as a description in the headline.
We appriciate your quick respond yesterday. My son and I are new to posting a report like this so we have much learning to do :)

I searched the folders according to the description link to find the game log, but it seems to not be in that place, have searched the whole computer for the file but no luck. I will attach screenshots of the folders so you might help us find the right one?

best regards,
confused mum

Attachments

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
Oh, good job, those will hopefully be all the files needed by @kae.:)

I searched the folders according to the description link to find the game log, but it seems to not be in that place
Did you definitely look in "C:\Users\*Username*\AppData\LocalLow\Payload\TerraTech" for the "output_log.txt"? (But not to worry about that for this report, now.)

harpo99999

Ah kick till it starts
@ZeroGravitas , just a gentile reminder, the \appdata\ is a HIDDEN folder, and windows defaults to not showing hidden files and folders, and yes, there are times that I almost forget that I have to show hidden files and folders to find folder and files that I need to get to as a tech to fix problems

kae

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
Hey there, thanks for the report and sorry for the late reply!

This is a strange one, the user config could have become corrupt when the game crashed.
While the game is open can you try and delete the file named UserData.Sav located in the folder below and then restart the game.

C:\Users\**YOUR USER**\Documents\My Games\TerraTech\**YOUR STEAM ID**\Saves

Please let me know if this works, if it doesn't, I also recommend trying a full reinstall of TerraTech.

Cheers!