[1.1] Disappearing Deposits

Version: 1.1
Platform: PC
Seed: NYAvL7FHVVCTwsR

I've got another doozy. Resource deposits that vanish when you reload a save.

There are many resources including four oleite seams and two ignite outcrops at coordinates -450 , 4420. Breaking these open, saving the game and subsequently reloading may cause some of the deposits to disappear.

I've attached a save file for you to experiment with, a small GeoCorp miner is provided.

To recreate this bug follow these steps.
  1. Load the save
  2. Break all the surrounding rocks including the 4 oleite seams and 2 ignite outcrops
  3. Save the game under a different name
  4. Load the new save and count the number of oleite and ignite deposits
You should find that many of the oleite and ignite deposits are now missing!

Attachments

Last edited:
Has anyone had trouble reproducing this?
It was happening to me pretty consistently when I made this report, but now it occasionally doesn't.
(I'm still on version 1.1 by the way.)

So my question is, are there any circumstances where the rubble patches left over from destroyed rocks are supposed to despawn?
And are there any circumstances where the rubble patches that hold underground resources (oleite, rodite, etc.) might also despawn? (Beside from mining them dry with auto miners of course.)

This happened to me too, while I was mining an erudite cluster. When I reloaded my game, one of the seams dissapered from under my quad-miner. So what ever this is, it doesn't care if a tech is near-by or not, meaning it's not really a despawning mechanism that's malfunctioning, but rather, the positional data of the seams. Though, this is just a theory. One I can't actually proove, especialy since I didn't take screen-shots, or back-up my save, or... anything... ,meaning I have nothing of value to share... oopsy.

kae

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
Hey there, I can't seem to reproduce this issue either sadly. If anyone has any save games that this happens consistently on please do upload it here for me to investigate.

Cheers!