[1.1] Disappearing Deposits

Commander 86

Version: 1.1
Platform: PC
Seed: NYAvL7FHVVCTwsR

I've got another doozy. Resource deposits that vanish when you reload a save.

There are many resources including four oleite seams and two ignite outcrops at coordinates -450 , 4420. Breaking these open, saving the game and subsequently reloading may cause some of the deposits to disappear.

I've attached a save file for you to experiment with, a small GeoCorp miner is provided.

To recreate this bug follow these steps.
  1. Load the save
  2. Break all the surrounding rocks including the 4 oleite seams and 2 ignite outcrops
  3. Save the game under a different name
  4. Load the new save and count the number of oleite and ignite deposits
You should find that many of the oleite and ignite deposits are now missing!

Attachments

Last edited:

Commander 86

Has anyone had trouble reproducing this?
It was happening to me pretty consistently when I made this report, but now it occasionally doesn't.
(I'm still on version 1.1 by the way.)

So my question is, are there any circumstances where the rubble patches left over from destroyed rocks are supposed to despawn?
And are there any circumstances where the rubble patches that hold underground resources (oleite, rodite, etc.) might also despawn? (Beside from mining them dry with auto miners of course.)

Wassaup

This happened to me too, while I was mining an erudite cluster. When I reloaded my game, one of the seams dissapered from under my quad-miner. So what ever this is, it doesn't care if a tech is near-by or not, meaning it's not really a despawning mechanism that's malfunctioning, but rather, the positional data of the seams. Though, this is just a theory. One I can't actually proove, especialy since I didn't take screen-shots, or back-up my save, or... anything... ,meaning I have nothing of value to share... oopsy.

kae

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
Hey there, I can't seem to reproduce this issue either sadly. If anyone has any save games that this happens consistently on please do upload it here for me to investigate.

Cheers!

MrTwister

I know this bug, but it never seems to reproduce consistently or even frequently enough.

For me, it happens very randomly and only occasionally during any loading of any campaign savegame.
First time I noticed it was sometime after the 1.0 release in unstable.

There is just a random non-zero chance that some of the existing deposits may disappear on loading a savegame.
Usually it is 1-2 deposits in a cluster of deposits. I noticed it maybe 3-4 times overall in erudite, oileite and carbius clusters.

No save games, sorry.

Zorgomol

Not a Number
First time it happened to me. Wasn't even loading a savegame, just returning from a mission back to the mining spot and one of the resource seams had gone to zero, apparently, since the autominer stopped. It was still visible though.

Commander 86

First time it happened to me. Wasn't even loading a savegame, just returning from a mission back to the mining spot and one of the resource seams had gone to zero, apparently, since the autominer stopped. It was still visible though.
That doesn't sound like the same issue. You say that the auto miner stopped even though the resource seam was still visible?

Normally when an auto miner finishes a resource seam, the resource nestled in the rubble pile disappears, but the rubble pile itself stays where it is. The bug I reported causes the rubble pile and the resource seam therein to despawn entirely upon reload.

I'm glad you brought this up though, there is another bug that causes depleted resource seams to appear full from a distance. Guess I'll report that one too.

Zorgomol

Not a Number
Indeed, the next time I loaded the game cleanly because of the particle spawning bug, the resource seam was mineable again. So that one goes into the category of numerous bugs happening when respawning objects due to proximity.