[1.1.0.5] Crash - Sending tech to inventory with missing blocks from swap during block destruction

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
Stumbled back upon this bug I reported previously (don't know if logged, not commented) where specific blocks of a tech will be persistently missing if they were in the process of exploding when you reload a tech by swapping with the tech loader:

(3) Blocks in the process of being destroyed are not reloaded when switching to the same tech. Their destruction is not registered in the active block list, or whatever, so they can end up on another spawned in tech and cause weirdness.

Not sure if there will be more (worst) downstream consequences of this bug after it kicks in. It could hit quite a lot as players swap after combat damage (killing the enemy) to save a chain-reating tech).
Except this time it also caused a soft game crash (reports sent) when I sent the bugged tech to inventory:

Output log attached. Snapshot attached (workshop tech), although this should not be tech specific, it's just handy to have explosive blocks on board that will chain react a little.

Attachments

The Grand Teki

Stumbled back upon this bug I reported previously (don't know if logged, not commented) where specific blocks of a tech will be persistently missing if they were in the process of exploding when you reload a tech by swapping with the tech loader:

Except this time it also caused a soft game crash (reports sent) when I sent the bugged tech to inventory:

Output log attached. Snapshot attached (workshop tech), although this should not be tech specific, it's just handy to have explosive blocks on board that will chain react a little.
Nice find, would have never stumbled upon this one.

The Grand Teki

Shh, you'll discourage the devs from fixing it.:p;)

I stumbled on it twice. Do you not use tech swapping to repair a partially broken tech?
I typically switch to something else (if lucky, something with battery capacity) and then back, because it won't reuse damaged blocks.

kae

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
Heya ZG, I can't reproduce this crash that you get when you send the tech back to the SCU, can I ask how frequently you get this crash?
If you sent the crash reports through the ingame reporter we'll definitely see it :)

Cheers!