[1.1.0.1] Techs drift while idle

Saelem Black

Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy
Playing on PC. This has been a problem as long as I've been playing TT, but it seems to have gotten much worse recently. Basically most of my techs constantly drift while sitting on the ground, unoccupied. This seems especially bad on my planes and helicopters. The drift is slow, but all unanchored techs ever so slowly drift from wherever I left them. The direction seems to be camera and dependent and the speed of drift seems related to the zoom. The further the zoom, the faster the drift. This has been a problem for me with complex structures, like landing pads on spires, but often a general annoyance as a tech may drift out of a repair field or away from another tech whose purpose is to charge.

Kevin Vanderhoef

Eldritch Horror, and Ship's Cat.
I've noticed it happening in the R&D lab with my Hovertechs. By it self it's not much of a worry, but I've notice recently that the drift is in relation to the Player POV, and not the direction of the tech. I'm wondering if it's in reaction to the Collision detection system, the ground, and what ever function that keeps us from sinking through the ground.

Saelem Black

Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy
Here's a simple save with some techs I had on hand. Move the camera and watch the helicopter move around the pad.

There's also absolutely no reason the helicopter needs to be *on* the pad to move. It will move no matter where it is. You can just see it better on the pad because of the grid underneath.

Attachments