[1.0][Xbox one] Load screen bug {crash}

Hello,
This may not be useful i formation but a few friends and I all bought this on Xbox One a few days ago. After trying to load the game multiple times each day, none of us have successfully started up the game without it instantly closing. I haven't gotten to the point where I make a save data so I can't test that fix but nothing else on here works for us. We have tried with multiple accounts, guests, restarts and reinstalls etc.
Hopefully you guys manage to crack this case as we'd love to get creative on the game. Let me know if there is anything else I could test for you.
-Otaku Oblivion

Sdarks

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
Hello,
This may not be useful i formation but a few friends and I all bought this on Xbox One a few days ago. After trying to load the game multiple times each day, none of us have successfully started up the game without it instantly closing. I haven't gotten to the point where I make a save data so I can't test that fix but nothing else on here works for us. We have tried with multiple accounts, guests, restarts and reinstalls etc.
Hopefully you guys manage to crack this case as we'd love to get creative on the game. Let me know if there is anything else I could test for you.
-Otaku Oblivion
Anything that might tie you and your friends together could be useful. Are you all using the same Xbox One console? (E.g Xbox One, or One S, or One X). Are you all living in the same area or on the same ISP? Do you have the same account type (silver, gold)? Anything that you have in common could be the cause of the issue. It's very weird that you'd all get an issue like this together

• One of us is using a Xbox One X, others (including myself) on standard Xbox One
  • I'm using IPv4, I'll ask them after work
  • We all live in different parts of England
  • We are all on Xbox Live Gold

Sdarks

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
  • One of us is using a Xbox One X, others (including myself) on standard Xbox One
  • I'm using IPv4, I'll ask them after work
  • We all live in different parts of England
  • We are all on Xbox Live Gold
Thanks for the info, nothing immediately springs out as "That could be the cause" but everything helps

Matt

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
@Otaku Oblivion It's a long shot but could you try opening the relevant ports on your router?

Have a look here for details on how to do this. Let us know how you get on.

Killeresp

Heya Killeresp,
Is the game now successfully loading each time you launch it?
It launched that time I played it for a while and then went to bed. I just got home here at 8:18 p.m. Eastern Standard Time and it seems there is a service outage message when I try to load the game. In fact I can't seem to get most of the games on my Xbox to load without popping up this service outage message. Though according to the page I'm looking at on the Xbox website there are no service outages or issues right now so either an old Pages loading for me or they just haven't updated the page. I will fill you in on whether or not I can get the game to load soon as I can.

P.s. it seems that only EA games are loading right now thought I'd add that because the only games that I've gotten to load are EA Games strangely enough.

Sdarks

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
Are any of you/all of you installing the game to external hard drives?

Sdarks

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
Just to update you all myself and @kae have spent all of today looking into this for you and trying to figure out what's causing it so you've not been forgotten about. We definitely want to get this fixed it's just a tricky one :)

Killeresp

Killeresp

All right guys to give you all an update. At 3:30 p.m. October 18th 2018 I having just got home turn my Xbox on and decided to click on terratech to give it a shot to see if it would load. A very strange thing happened about a quarter maybe a half a second later terratech was at the start screen it didn't go through the loading or anything. So I played it for about 20 minutes and happened to save because I was getting ready to build something that I hadn't built before and I wanted to be able to backup and re-adjust the build if necessary and I didn't like where the build was going so I tried to reload to the spot I saved at and the moment I clicked on the save file the game said this save doesn't exist or has been deleted and then it went back to the start screen. So I said I'll figure it out later because I got a call back into work and had to go. Now terratech is once again back to the broken loading screen. Figured I'd let you all know about this very strange incident. I don't know if this will help or not but now y'all know.

Sdarks

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
All right guys to give you all an update. At 3:30 p.m. October 18th 2018 I having just got home turn my Xbox on and decided to click on terratech to give it a shot to see if it would load. A very strange thing happened about a quarter maybe a half a second later terratech was at the start screen it didn't go through the loading or anything. So I played it for about 20 minutes and happened to save because I was getting ready to build something that I hadn't built before and I wanted to be able to backup and re-adjust the build if necessary and I didn't like where the build was going so I tried to reload to the spot I saved at and the moment I clicked on the save file the game said this save doesn't exist or has been deleted and then it went back to the start screen. So I said I'll figure it out later because I got a call back into work and had to go. Now terratech is once again back to the broken loading screen. Figured I'd let you all know about this very strange incident. I don't know if this will help or not but now y'all know.
Thanks Killeresp, that lines up quite nicely with what we've been theorising that it's to do with creating or reading save data that's causing the crash. A member of my family has this issue on his xbox (first time we've seen anyone we know have the issue) so I brought it into the office so that we can try and fix this for you. We're making progress on it but it's a tricky one.

If you have access to another xbox (a friends or similar) if you sign in on there, download the game and create a save of any kind it should allow you when you go back onto your xbox to play the game. I know this doesn't help if you don't have access to another xbox but maybe it can get a couple of you playing the game while we fix it :)

Hey guys, can everyone having this issue list the model of Xbox you are using to try and launch the game please?

Apologies for the inconvenience and thanks for your cooperation!

---

Here's an overview on the different versions of Xbox One if you're not sure
https://www.howtogeek.com/298754/wh...-the-xbox-one-xbox-one-s-and-project-scorpio/
Hi, I’m using a normal Xbox one, and I’ve been having the issue ever since a service outage on Xbox. Every game connected to my account (not on disc) wouldn’t load. Now it seems that terra tech is the only one that is not loading. I have tried everything that was mentioned, but because I bought the game on the Xbox store, I am unable to use another profile and then switch to my main in the game. Hope this helps

Thanks Killeresp, that lines up quite nicely with what we've been theorising that it's to do with creating or reading save data that's causing the crash. A member of my family has this issue on his xbox (first time we've seen anyone we know have the issue) so I brought it into the office so that we can try and fix this for you. We're making progress on it but it's a tricky one.

If you have access to another xbox (a friends or similar) if you sign in on there, download the game and create a save of any kind it should allow you when you go back onto your xbox to play the game. I know this doesn't help if you don't have access to another xbox but maybe it can get a couple of you playing the game while we fix it :)
I tired to do this, and it did not work. Does it have to be the same Xbox model? I have a normal one but the console I used for the fix was a one s. It is worth noting however, that the one s had my save data from my main account, and it loaded just fine without crashing. Is it just the normal one having issues?

Sdarks

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
I tired to do this, and it did not work. Does it have to be the same Xbox model? I have a normal one but the console I used for the fix was a one s. It is worth noting however, that the one s had my save data from my main account, and it loaded just fine without crashing. Is it just the normal one having issues?
That's interesting, we did exactly the same, had an account crashing on a launch xbox, loaded the account onto the One S and made a save and then the launch one was fine. Make sure it sync'd your cloud saves over otherwise it won't work. It does seem like it's just the normal xbox having issues (but not all of them). We've got a crashing xbox back into the office again today so we'll be working on getting a fix out ASAP once we figure out what's causing it.

That's interesting, we did exactly the same, had an account crashing on a launch xbox, loaded the account onto the One S and made a save and then the launch one was fine. Make sure it sync'd your cloud saves over otherwise it won't work. It does seem like it's just the normal xbox having issues (but not all of them). We've got a crashing xbox back into the office again today so we'll be working on getting a fix out ASAP once we figure out what's causing it.
I’m really not sure. I can try again on a different friends xbox, because the other Xbox I used is one I’m gamesharing with. I don’t know how this could matter, but I will try again. Good luck solving the bug! I hate seeing the game messed up, as it is very fun! I’m not sure how big your team is, but you all did a good job with the game! Also, on a side note, I wanted to know ways to reduce lag in game. I have a late game save file and it is consistently laggy, but other saves that would seem to put heavy strain on the system run smooth. Is their something specific with the world I should be looking at and eliminating? Best wishes!!

Sdarks

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
Also, on a side note, I wanted to know ways to reduce lag in game. I have a late game save file and it is consistently laggy, but other saves that would seem to put heavy strain on the system run smooth. Is their something specific with the world I should be looking at and eliminating? Best wishes!!
We're currently looking at that at the moment, optimising obscure cases where things are causing lag and re-evaluating the block limiter values on some blocks if they're over or under valued. I know wheels and crafting are complex bits of code so try reducing those and see if it makes any difference.