[1.0][Xbox one] Load screen bug {crash}

Discussion in 'TT Stable & Console Bugs' started by xx3xecutionxx, Sep 2, 2018.

1. xx3xecutionxx

xx3xecutionxx Member

Version 1.0.0.9 Checked all over and couldn't find a dedicated Xbox forum for the game so I turned to here.

Downloaded your game and when clicked to start the game we see the terra tech logo for about 10 secs and send me back to the dash board.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled twice with no change

Please advise thanks

Exe

ZeroGravitas likes this.
  2. ZeroGravitas

ZeroGravitas Breaker of Games

Devs have opted not to make a new sub-forum for consoles, here, so I've just been making sure all their bug threads are tagged appropriately. (Most bugs should be common with PC.)

Oh, hah, you guys have already had minor patches to the game! (PC only just got 1.0.0.1 unstable, which could get pretty confusing...) I'd assume that this has been to fix serious errors like these crashes. Which I've seen reported by others, too. (All I know is that the devs have still been focusing primarily on console development, since 1.0.)

I've added "[1.0]" to your thread title (and "{crash}"), as consoles are not supposed to be actually getting the 'unstable' content patches between main patches. Sorry I can't actually lend you any advice.

@kae - context and advice on this kind of thing?

3. kae

kae PAYLOAD STUDIOS

It's going to be quite hard for us to test this issue with out access to the logs or crash dumps on the XB1 unfortunately :(

Could you provide us with all the information you can think of to help us with our investigation please?

For example
    Are you connected to the internet when you launch the game?
    Are you a gold or silver member of XB Live?
    Have you tried a cold reboot of the console?
    Are you the only account signed in to the console?

+anything else that you can think of

---

Concerning console forums, we're looking into reorganising the forums (Matt should have moved a few things around already!) and making it clearer on where and how to report bugs for both PC and console, but I don't believe we're going to be creating a separate forum for console.

AstraTheDragon and ZeroGravitas like this.
  4. ZeroGravitas

I should add a note about console reporting to my guide... (Not that any sane person would read through all that.)

5. kae

kae PAYLOAD STUDIOS

Don't worry about that, we'll be changing and updating any old information and then condensing it into a easier to digest sticky post.

6. xx3xecutionxx

xx3xecutionxx Member

Thanks for the Support Guys and I will try and get you anything I can help

I have a YouTube channel so uploaded the Crash Footage

and the Other Questions

I am connected to the Internet
    I am a Gold Member ( Not sure how to even get Silver)
    I have Cleared the Cach and Restarted the xbox
    I have reinstalled the game mulitple times
    I have not had any issues playing any other game.
    It is a nice 76 Degrees outside with a slight chance of rain. :)

Let me know if there is anything else I can get you

kae and ZeroGravitas like this.
  7. ZeroGravitas

Well, I added a small note. And that is what my guide is (everything on posting bugs in one place). Of course, information could just left out. (And Payload could allocate dev time to 'curate' these forums more actively.)

8. xx3xecutionxx

xx3xecutionxx Member

Do we have any further Guidance on this issue? I have started to see more and more reports from other players that the game wont load anymore.

Exe

ZeroGravitas likes this.
  9. kae

kae PAYLOAD STUDIOS

Unfortunately not, we have very few leads to go on for investigating this bug, we can only put in and test speculative fixes for this issue.

If you are having this issue can you try creating a new profile and seeing if the game launches please?
    If some sort of profile data is corrupted it may cause the game to crash.

Instructions on how to do this over on the Microsoft Xbox website

It's probably also worth following the whole guide to see if anything else listed fixes the issue

https://support.xbox.com/en-GB/games/troubleshooting/game-freeze-solution

---

Remove and re-add your profile
    If this gameplay issue relates specifically to one profile on your Xbox One console, the profile data associated with this game may be corrupted. You can correct this issue by removing your profile from the console and then downloading your account again.

Here's how to delete your profile from your Xbox One console:

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    2. Select System > Settings > Account > Remove accounts.
    3. Select the account you want to remove (the one that’s experiencing the gameplay issue), and then select Remove.
    Once the account has been removed from your console, download your profile again to create a fresh version of the account data. Here's how:

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    2. Select your gamerpic in the upper-left corner of the screen, move all the way down and select Add new.
    3. Type in the email address and password that you use to access your Microsoft account (the same account that you just removed).
      Important Make sure that you do not select Get a new account unless that’s what you want to do. If you select this, you will create a brand-new Microsoft account.
    4. The console will walk you through some account setup steps, like privacy info, sign-in and color preferences, etc. Follow the console prompts until you are returned to the Home screen.
    Once you have completed the process of re-creating your profile on the Xbox One console and have returned to the Home screen, try playing your game again.

ZeroGravitas likes this.
  10. xx3xecutionxx

xx3xecutionxx Member

If you are having this issue can you try creating a new profile and seeing if the game launches please?
    If some sort of profile data is corrupted it may cause the game to crash

Deleted all the profiles off of the xbox and reloaded them. = Still crashes in the same place

Deleted the profiles again this time removed the game as well downloaded the Profiles and the Game = Still crashes in the same place

The saga continues of the broken loading screen

Exe

11. kae

kae PAYLOAD STUDIOS

Thanks for trying xx3xecutionxx,

We've exhausted all our current theories of why the game is crashing on launch and haven't been able to reproduce this issue on our end unfortunately.

Are you on the latest Xbox One firmware and can I ask what model of Xbox you currently own?

Can you try see if there is any cloud saved data for TerraTech and if clearing it fixes the issue?

Also it seems rather far fetched, but have you tried opening all your ports?

The following ports need to be open.
    • Port 88 (UDP)
    • Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)
    • Port 53 (UDP and TCP)
    • Port 80 (TCP)
    • Port 500 (UDP)
    • Port 3544 (UDP)
    • Port 4500 (UDP)

Rest assured although we've gone through all the more common and some of the uncommon reasons why this might be happening, there are still options for us testing this issue and we'll try our best to get to the bottom of it.

12. Ponch25josh

Ponch25josh New Member

So just found that if u sign out of all profiles on xbox one. And load game.. It will ask for your profile and the game will work.

kae likes this.
  13. Buzzzkil1ington

Buzzzkil1ington New Member

Signing everyone out just messed up the drm. Only way I could get it to start was create a guest account, launch the game on that account, then switch to my main account in the menu. Hope this helps

kae likes this.
  14. kae

kae PAYLOAD STUDIOS

Thanks for the info guys!

This gives us a lead on why this issue is happening, we'll look into this issue some more on our side and hopefully we can get a fix so you don't need to use any workarounds.

15. Killeresp

Killeresp Member

2 Kae from payload games. I have terratech on Xbox One. For the first 2 days I had it worked perfectly fine. After that it would not let me log in it has the load screen crash. Reading this forum is giving me an idea that I don't know if you guys have thought about. It could have something to do with the save files, like a possible mutation of your PC save file size bug that somehow made it over to Xbox One. Because I've tried everything that has been mentioned in the Forum so far nothing works until I tried deleting my save file then the game loads up but once I play the game and it creates a save file again I can no longer access the game. So I have to delete the save file to access the game even if I take and create a new game on a different server seed once the game saves the loading screen crash happens whenever I exit and try to re-enter the game. Now I do not know if my idea will help any but it's just something that occurred to me because I don't think linearly my thought patterns kind of tend to run in swirls so to speak with interconnected Pathways sometimes so I tend to think of things right off the bat that most folks wouldn't think of until later on down there thought line. You guys have my email address so feel free to use me as a sounding board. As you can see me having just now realize that I've gotten off topic I'll end of this post right here now.

QuackDuck likes this.
  16. Killeresp

Killeresp Member

To pay load games. It is just now occurred to me that there could be a bug in the games save system and that could be the issue for the Xbox one that the Xbox one isn't recognizing it and viewing the game as corrupted data and refusing to load it.! I hope I am helping maybe hopefully.

17. kae

kae PAYLOAD STUDIOS

Hey there Killeresp, thanks for the info, I'll check into this.

The problem with this bug is that we have no way of reproducing the issue, if it is the profile creating corrupted save data that causing the crash, there really isn't a way to get that save data to us to investigate :(

A couple of people have had luck using a guest account to launch the game or launching the game with no user signed in and then signing in when prompted, can you try those and see if they work for you too please?

Cheers!

ZeroGravitas likes this.
  18. Killeresp

Killeresp Member

Well as of 3:30 this afternoon nothing's working to get the game to finish loading. Guest account didn't work activating the game with no one logged in didn't work. I managed to get into the game last night at about midnight after once again deleting the games saved data. But now everything I try will not make the game load* sorry bout that my speech software is messing up.

#18 Killeresp, Oct 15, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2018
  19. Killeresp

Killeresp Member

8:28 p.m. the game finally loads I don't really know why it just suddenly loaded nothing I ever tried at all today has worked. I have no clue whether or not me rapidly switching from game to game is what made it load or not but figured I'd give you all an info dump.

20. kae

kae PAYLOAD STUDIOS

Heya Killeresp,
    Is the game now successfully loading each time you launch it?