[1.0][Xbox one] Load screen bug {crash}

Discussion in 'TT Stable & Console Bugs' started by xx3xecutionxx, Sep 2, 2018.

1. xx3xecutionxx

xx3xecutionxx Member

Version 1.0.0.9 Checked all over and couldn't find a dedicated Xbox forum for the game so I turned to here.

Downloaded your game and when clicked to start the game we see the terra tech logo for about 10 secs and send me back to the dash board.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled twice with no change

Please advise thanks

Exe

ZeroGravitas likes this.
  2. ZeroGravitas

ZeroGravitas Breaker of Games

Devs have opted not to make a new sub-forum for consoles, here, so I've just been making sure all their bug threads are tagged appropriately. (Most bugs should be common with PC.)

Oh, hah, you guys have already had minor patches to the game! (PC only just got 1.0.0.1 unstable, which could get pretty confusing...) I'd assume that this has been to fix serious errors like these crashes. Which I've seen reported by others, too. (All I know is that the devs have still been focusing primarily on console development, since 1.0.)

I've added "[1.0]" to your thread title (and "{crash}"), as consoles are not supposed to be actually getting the 'unstable' content patches between main patches. Sorry I can't actually lend you any advice.

@kae - context and advice on this kind of thing?

3. kae

kae PAYLOAD STUDIOS

It's going to be quite hard for us to test this issue with out access to the logs or crash dumps on the XB1 unfortunately :(

Could you provide us with all the information you can think of to help us with our investigation please?

For example
    Are you connected to the internet when you launch the game?
    Are you a gold or silver member of XB Live?
    Have you tried a cold reboot of the console?
    Are you the only account signed in to the console?

+anything else that you can think of

---

Concerning console forums, we're looking into reorganising the forums (Matt should have moved a few things around already!) and making it clearer on where and how to report bugs for both PC and console, but I don't believe we're going to be creating a separate forum for console.

AstraTheDragon and ZeroGravitas like this.
  4. ZeroGravitas

I should add a note about console reporting to my guide... (Not that any sane person would read through all that.)

5. kae

kae PAYLOAD STUDIOS

Don't worry about that, we'll be changing and updating any old information and then condensing it into a easier to digest sticky post.

6. xx3xecutionxx

xx3xecutionxx Member

Thanks for the Support Guys and I will try and get you anything I can help

I have a YouTube channel so uploaded the Crash Footage

and the Other Questions

I am connected to the Internet
    I am a Gold Member ( Not sure how to even get Silver)
    I have Cleared the Cach and Restarted the xbox
    I have reinstalled the game mulitple times
    I have not had any issues playing any other game.
    It is a nice 76 Degrees outside with a slight chance of rain. :)

Let me know if there is anything else I can get you

kae and ZeroGravitas like this.
  7. ZeroGravitas

Well, I added a small note. And that is what my guide is (everything on posting bugs in one place). Of course, information could just left out. (And Payload could allocate dev time to 'curate' these forums more actively.)

8. xx3xecutionxx

xx3xecutionxx Member

Do we have any further Guidance on this issue? I have started to see more and more reports from other players that the game wont load anymore.

Exe

ZeroGravitas likes this.
  9. kae

kae PAYLOAD STUDIOS

Unfortunately not, we have very few leads to go on for investigating this bug, we can only put in and test speculative fixes for this issue.

If you are having this issue can you try creating a new profile and seeing if the game launches please?
    If some sort of profile data is corrupted it may cause the game to crash.

Instructions on how to do this over on the Microsoft Xbox website

It's probably also worth following the whole guide to see if anything else listed fixes the issue

https://support.xbox.com/en-GB/games/troubleshooting/game-freeze-solution

---

Remove and re-add your profile
    If this gameplay issue relates specifically to one profile on your Xbox One console, the profile data associated with this game may be corrupted. You can correct this issue by removing your profile from the console and then downloading your account again.

Here's how to delete your profile from your Xbox One console:

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    2. Select System > Settings > Account > Remove accounts.
    3. Select the account you want to remove (the one that’s experiencing the gameplay issue), and then select Remove.
    Once the account has been removed from your console, download your profile again to create a fresh version of the account data. Here's how:

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    2. Select your gamerpic in the upper-left corner of the screen, move all the way down and select Add new.
    3. Type in the email address and password that you use to access your Microsoft account (the same account that you just removed).
      Important Make sure that you do not select Get a new account unless that’s what you want to do. If you select this, you will create a brand-new Microsoft account.
    4. The console will walk you through some account setup steps, like privacy info, sign-in and color preferences, etc. Follow the console prompts until you are returned to the Home screen.
    Once you have completed the process of re-creating your profile on the Xbox One console and have returned to the Home screen, try playing your game again.

ZeroGravitas likes this.