[1.0] Wheels reverse when beyond certain angles...

Discussion in 'TT Stable & Console Bugs' started by Lost Ninja, Aug 29, 2018.

1. Lost Ninja

Lost Ninja Well-Known Member

Been seeing this for a while but only with some wheels (all the large wheels seem to do it). In that if your tech tilts backwards/forwards far enough the wheels operate in resverse.

1. Using included snapshot position the tech so that the GC Buzzsaws are on the ground with the rest of the tech elevated off the ground (you'll need to be on a slope. (Drive forward down the slope then go into reverse tech should tilt up).
    2. Try to drive forward.
    3. Bug?
    Angle appears to be around 45° form horizontal. But doesn't always appear to happen when all the wheels are on the ground.

Attached Files:

AstraTheDragon and JimmyBlether like this.
  2. JimmyBlether

JimmyBlether SFS SUPREME COMMANDER

This happens with my SMAAAT. When I made it it didn't do it.

3. ZeroGravitas

ZeroGravitas Breaker of Games

Interesting. What I thought this thread would be is the issue that @DerNiepe's been complaining to me about:

When the (fairly large, I think) front wheels of a tech edge, from the flat, onto a steep slope (say around 45 degrees), they start to reverse. Just the wheels on the slope. Making it hard to climb over certain terrain.

I've also seen this cause insane tech flings, and the suspension on those wheels glitches. Like throwing a large tech with Behemoth wheels it's own height in the air, every time it attempts a certain sharp edged slope! (I can probably provide a save, if there is interest, @kae and @higekun - as you're the wheel physics master.)

I've added "[1.0]" to the title.

JimmyBlether likes this.
  4. layer1

layer1 Well-Known Member

Haven't tried 1.0 but they used to take some damage if you popped a wheelie and went beyond a certain angle.

5. ZeroGravitas

Here's a little video of what I mean, with front wheels spinning in opposition to the direction of drive, and the back wheels (look carefully), as they push past a sharp slope transition. (Save attached.)

@kae - is this logged?

Attached Files:

6. Revolver265

Revolver265 ZeroGravitas's #8 fanboy

I'm actually fairly certain when larger wheels are upside-down, they're designed to fall directly into the wheelbase, or at least go limp when upside down. Many of the wheels appear to have dual shock absorbers - the gas-filled kind, not springs. Which is likely why they go limp or fall flat. Just my take on it. The "bug" has actually been around for a rather long time, but ZG's issue with the wheels springing back might be a new one, though techs climbing inclines has plagued most players for an incredibly long time.

Just my take on these issues.

7. ZeroGravitas

It's not the movement of the suspension I'm highlighting (weird as that is), it's the rotation direction of the tires themselves, turning the wrong way as they step onto the slope. To be clear.

#7 ZeroGravitas, Oct 21, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2018
  8. kae

kae PAYLOAD STUDIOS

Yup this is already logged!

AstraTheDragon and ZeroGravitas like this.