[1.0] 'Rotate Block Backwards' hotkey reassignment visual failure.

Discussion in 'TT Stable & Console Bugs' started by AstraTheDragon, Aug 9, 2018.

1. AstraTheDragon

AstraTheDragon A festive dragon

Noticed in version 0.8.2.4
    After reloading the game since resetting the controls (such as after updating it with Steam) the rotate block hotkeys will be reverted to:
    Rotate Block Forwards: F
    Rotate Block Backwards: G

Attempting to modify 'rotate block backwards' will result in that cell (usually showing the hotkey) blanking. This goes for both cells beside 'rotate block backwards.' While blank, the last set hotkeys will still function as usual.

Steps to take to view this issue:
    1. Reload TT after resetting the controls (such as after updating it with Steam.)
    2. Open the controls menu and try to rebind 'rotate block backwards'
    3. Notice the cells blanking.
    4. Try to rotate the block using the hotkey you set (but saw no visual feedback for.)
    5. Notice how that works.

Incidentally, after I closed the game by pressing the 'x' on the bar at the top (it was in windowed mode) it crashed. I have appended the log to this post.

Attached Files:

ZeroGravitas likes this.
  2. AstraTheDragon

Excuse this comment but as far as I can see this has not been noticed. As it remained from [0.8.2.4] to [1] , I will need this to be moved into #Bugs (Stable Only)

3. AstraTheDragon

I have noticed since last posting on this thread that reassigning the 'rotate block backwards' hotkey doesn't wipe previous assignments, so now half my keyboard rotates block backwards... :( I also tested this issue with a number of different resolutions and it seems universal.

ZeroGravitas likes this.
  4. merkesch

merkesch Well-Known Member

The key i assign to rotate backwards is assigned to rotate forward

5. kae

kae PAYLOAD STUDIOS

Heya, were aware of the initial bug report about the cell turning blank and we should have it fixed up soon!

I don't see a reason why we don't unbind keys which have been rebinded to another action, I'll forward this on to the rest of the team.

Cheers!

ZeroGravitas and AstraTheDragon like this.
  6. ZeroGravitas

ZeroGravitas Breaker of Games

I (we) don't tend to move threads around based on the version they've most recently been seen in, seeing as there's hundreds of outstanding reports. Leaving the original patch number in the title, etc, give a concrete indication of a version that the bug was seen in (good enough for retesting, etc, I think).

Edit 2018-08-14: just reported on Steam too, here.

#6 ZeroGravitas, Aug 13, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2018
    AstraTheDragon likes this.
  7. layer1

layer1 Well-Known Member

Rebinding this key results in the 'Rotate Block Forwards' key being rebound instead.

Pretty simple bug: Open options->Controls and try rebinding the key.

Letter 'i' is also hard bound to something and cannot be used but that's what autohotkey is for.

AstraTheDragon and ZeroGravitas like this.
  8. ZeroGravitas

ZeroGravitas Breaker of Games

I've just merged @layer1's new thread titled "[1.0?] Cannot bind 'Rotate block backwards'" with this one, which I've moved over from "TT_Unstable", for better visibility....

(Yes, I know. Just this once, though... I left a permanent redirect there too.)

Please let me know if you think I've miscategorised it, and these are separate things.

AstraTheDragon and layer1 like this.
  9. layer1

layer1 Well-Known Member

I suck at search. Thanks ZG.

ZeroGravitas likes this.