[1.0] Low frame rate and many errors logged

rowanthor

I play with a PC that should be able to run Terra tech i guess........

Game wont even run pn anything above fastest and I can hardly play on fastest....

I have a pretty large base so there is far more lag around there....

Game FPS got worse over time as I got more stuff.....

Processor: AMD FX(tm)-6300 Six-Core Processor (6 CPUs), ~3.5GHz
nstalled Memory (RAM): 32GB
System type: 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor

Graphics Options
Resoultion:
1920x1080
Quality: Fastest
Depth of Field: Off
High Dynamic Range: Off
Ambient Occlusion: Off
Full Screen: On
Anti-aliasing: Off
Gamma: 10%
Draw Distance: 20% (Ish)

I have noticed that a large amount of error's are generated in the log files while playing.....

The game rarely uses more than 6GB of RAM but usually takes a large amount of CPU (90%) even in the menu

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
Hi @rowanthor. I've moved your reply from this old thread in "Open", to here in the bug reporting section. The last comment there was over a year ago and the thread was started over 2 and a half years before. Devs please tell me if this should have stayed there, thanks.

I created this new thread title. I assume you are running the default version 1.0, yes?

Could you please upload your output_log.txt file, as you say there are lots of errors in it?

Low FPS is expected, with large bases, especially. (Using designs that reduce the number of resources stored in SIlos can be a major help with that.

you've not stated what GPU you are running (may also be a major factor), but that CPU is fairly old, and will definitely be a limiting factor with TerraTech, because the game is CPU intensive in simulating all the block physics, etc. (The AMD FX 6xxx series aren't true 6 cores either, their architechs is a little unique, but they're more like 3 cores that present 6 threads without fully independent processing capabilities. I used to have an FX 6100 until 18 months back.)

kae

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
Hey there Rowanthor, as ZG has asked can you please attach a game log and a save game along with your full computer specs (we have a handy guide here!) to help us with this issue please?

Thanks!