[1.0] Game saves fail with remote documents folders

Sdarks

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
I'm going to try and push to get this fixed sooner rather than later, but no promises! For now there is a work around (won't work for all of you) but if you map the network location "\\10.1.1.1" or "\\clouddrive" or similar to a drive letter it should work fine. The drive letter must be the location set up in windows to be the documents folder so "M:\Documents" not "\\10.1.1.1\Documents". Sorry I can't promise you anything more concrete at the moment.

Dodgy Bob

Thinking out loud here, but is it not possible to - just for the time being perhaps!? - add an option for the user to choose where to save his or her game files ???

If its broken that bad that I can't setup and save "directly" onto my NAS, then I can redirect the save games to save locally, then have a robocopy script to copy back up to the NAS periodically.

Maybe a dirty way to get things done, but at the very least would mean the game would get played instead of just sitting there collecting dust and ending up being a waste of money !? !?

Also, saving to SteamCloud wouldn't be an option for us as we don't use that nor want to use that feature.

Kind regards,
Dodgy Bob.

Dodgy Bob

Good news, I've just submitted a fix for this so it should be available in the next unstable build. Sorry it took so long!
So did this happen to make it into the 1.2 Stable update ???

I only just realised that there was a 1.2 Stable Update whilst randomly browsing around the Steam store; it wasn't listed on https://www.terratechgame.com/releasenotes.htm and thats where I've been looking and waiting!!

I'll test things out tonight once I'm home from work, but thought I might find out now before getting there ;);)

Sdarks

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
So did this happen to make it into the 1.2 Stable update ???

I only just realised that there was a 1.2 Stable Update whilst randomly browsing around the Steam store; it wasn't listed on https://www.terratechgame.com/releasenotes.htm and thats where I've been looking and waiting!!

I'll test things out tonight once I'm home from work, but thought I might find out now before getting there ;);)
Should be in the stable now yes, let me know how it goes!