[1.0] Game Freeze Upon Continuing Campaign

Discussion in 'Bugs (Stable Only)' started by Jakem721, Aug 12, 2018 at 3:10 PM.

1. Jakem721

Jakem721 New Member

I was attempting to reconfigure my base setup, as the conveyors were not working. This seemed to be similar to a bug for an older patch where using undo after breaking a long line of conveyors caused a disconnect between two connected segments. At the time i closed the game and restarted my computer. Since then i can load the game to the main menu, click continue, but then the game freezes on the loading screen. I uninstalled the game and reinstalled, same error. I was using a non snapshot tech. It was just a gso cab with two hub wheels and two of the first wheels you get.

Attached Files:

2. ZeroGravitas

ZeroGravitas Breaker of Games

Hey @Jakem721 - I just downloaded you save files, but they don't have the ".sav" file extension and my game doesn't recognise them as save files when I add them manually. So, are you on Linux or Mac then?

The conveyor disconnect causing game crashes issues was reported in 0.8.1, here. (I'll merge threads if we can confirm that's the main issue here, too.)

3. Jakem721

Jakem721 New Member

Did you unzip the files? I'm on windows. I can't get to the computer right now. It is the auto save and the normal save zipped together

4. ZeroGravitas

Hmm. Oh, I think I know what's happened: it looks like you've unzipped the individual of the save files themselves (before re-zipping them together). Windows has built in Zip file functionality, so just double clicking will do that.

You need to upload them to us in their compressed form, as the full ".sav" files. I think it's possible to recompress what you've uploaded, but not with the standard zip programs I have installed.

5. Jakem721

Jakem721 New Member

So how should I fix this. I selected both files then did send to compressed zip(it's just right click).what should I do differently

6. ZeroGravitas

Hard to tell from here. But you could just drag-drop each of the "sav" files to a post, here. They should be easily small enough (1MB limit per upload). And that should avoid complicating factors, hopefully.

7. Lost Ninja

Lost Ninja Well-Known Member

There you go @ZeroGravitas 7Zip is your answer, just use the Gzip Archive Format and either set the name to .sav or rename the resulting .gzip

Attached Files:

8. Jakem721

Jakem721 New Member

hey thanks @lostninja

9. Jakem721

Jakem721 New Member

Attached Files:

10. ZeroGravitas

Thanks. but sorry, those have still been uncompressed somehow. (They don't detect as savs.) I don't know if you have some utility running in a strange way on you PC, or what's going on...

But...
    I'd tried a regular archive (using 7z), but there you go, well done, thanks!:)

Both of these detect. The campaign.sav loads fine, but the autosave.sav does indeed crash on during loading. @kae?

11. Jakem721

Jakem721 New Member

@ZeroGravitas so should i try just loading my game using the campaign.sav file posted above?

EDIT:So i attempted to load the save file located above. The game loaded, but i was just lost in a white fog. saw techs at first, then they vanished in said fog.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2018 at 2:42 AM
  12. ZeroGravitas

Yeah, if you're happy to play on from there. I can't see anything wrong with it there...(yeah?):

[​IMG]

But thanks to fiddling with your conveyors, I figured out an exact way to cause the split conveyor bug (and crash): break a conveyor line, then add a conveyor block in place of one of the broken off blocks, before undoing the original break. Added block is glitched and crashes if changing it's direction (or a resource goes over it).

13. Lost Ninja

Lost Ninja Well-Known Member

The being lost in fog sounds awfully like you've fallen through the terrain.

Try this save (below) you start quite a bit above your base and fall to it (didn't take any damage when I tried it). I haven't done anything to conveyors (or made any other changes) as I don't fully understand the issues.

File is same as before just renamed to not mix it up with my own, just copy it into your saves directory and load as normal.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 13, 2018 at 9:00 AM
  14. kae

kae PAYLOAD STUDIOS

Hi there, I've taken a look at the save files you've uploaded and I've been able to reproduce your issues you're seeing.

I've sent them to the code team to have a look if they can see whats causing the crash, cheers!

15. Jakem721

Jakem721 New Member

Ok. Thank you all with the help. @Lostninja the file has a bad gateway, if you could repost that would be very helpful. Hopefully this glitch will be fixed soon.

16. Jakem721

Jakem721 New Member

So i tried the file again and i am now up and running. thank you all, i have no idea what happened last night.