[1.0.3]Block list. (updated 2019/10/04) Includes (Old) R&D Save

Lost Ninja

Updated: 2019/10/04 (Added blocks up to 1.0.3.8)
Download: Spreadsheet.

Current Update is an overhaul of the spreadsheet to remove old information (including currently depreciated & non-functioning blocks (these may be added back in at some point)). I'm not playing the game as much as I once was so updates to the spreadsheet are a little more spasmodic than formerly. I do plan on re-adding a "Terminal Order" value that will allow the information to be sorted as it would be in the shop terminals. I'd also like to add information as to what skin values can be used (beyond the two available by default). The first is a drudge, the 2nd a pain (game crashes if you load a block with the incorrect value). And I will re-add the "In Game Name" (while doing shop order).

Spreadsheet updates as and when don't rely on this text for the most recent update.

It can be downloaded and opened in your spreadsheet of choice, or if you have a Dropbox account you can create a copy there and edit that. I would love to find out the specific:
  • Mass of each block
  • How much power it generates (if it does)
  • How much power it uses.
  • What function it adds (eg anchor, crafting, salvaging).
  • What it can store (what and how much).
Some of these I will no doubt find/work out myself,

Updated: 2018/11/08 (Added new blocks released between 0.8.2 & 1.0)

List updated to reflect blocks added in 1.0 (or possibly between unstable 0.8.2.2 and 1.0 (I don't check during minor updates.) Some interesting stuff in there including what looks like a set of skinned GSO blocks listed as Steam ("GSOArmourPlateMedium_Steam_211") which appears to be a re-skinned Medium GSO Armour plate. Not sure if this is something that will appear in game or if it's a product test to see how it looks, as not all of the GSO blocks are listed. If you have R&D the save file below should allow you to have a look.

There are something like 761 blocks defined in the game.

• 110 Blocks for GSO
  • 77 Blocks for GeoCorp
  • 110 Blocks for Venture
  • 79 Blocks for HawkEye
  • 48 Experimental Blocks (R&D Only)
  • 60 Special Blocks
  • For a total of 484 (if you have R&D) blocks that the normal player can potentially access.
NB: Not 100% Accurate (especially Venture).

Many of those 761 blocks are not available to players, mostly through being old versions of existing blocks or through being superseded by new ideas. For instance the three previous crafting system blocks are still in the code (at least) though you can no longer spawn them into the game. I think that these are still listed to retain dependencies with old saves but it could also be the devs being lazy... ;)

Some of the blocks are also unreleased content too, either because it's not finished or because while the model exists it has no function.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8n5yrt38whdcy3x/tt_blocks.ods?dl=1

File is created in Excel but should work in any spreadsheet. However non-Microsoft Excel spreadsheets will differ in functions and sometimes display differences will occur, the excel view has been depreciated as of April 2018, but is still widely available online, https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/273711/how-to-obtain-the-latest-excel-viewer. Use Office Online (365) instead.

I have a couple more things to share. While assembling this data I created four large arrays of dispensers (found in very old saves and R&D), if you have access to R&D you can load the following save up and have a play with them.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v0pbu4tfz7ivrtd/0813_BlockArray_Test.sav?dl=1 (Created in Unstable 0.8.1.3, may not work in earlier versions, but tested as working in 1.0).

Might make older PCs struggle... I'm noticing some chug with all those rotating blocks.

Attachments

Last edited:

Azirahael

Awesome.

I've been looking for some of this information forever :p

where exactly did you find the block list?

Lost Ninja

Answers:

@Azirahael: Block list was created/edited etc from the save game. I basically give it a list of all the ItemTypes saved it and loaded/saved it in game, the game then fills in all of the names/sizes etc for you. I dare say that the same can be done for resource types and Ingots as they are separate ObjectTypes. Initially I tried to assemble a full list of those but in the end decided it wasn't worth the effort. Nor now I think on it did I try and spawn Ingots from a dispenser... will have to try that soon.

@Thread: To quickly answer a question that hasn't been asked but wasn't explicitly stated in the OP, if you want to gain access to a block that can be bought from the shop when unlocked, you merely add the Object/Item/Name etc to one part of the save file. To acquire an item that cannot be bought from the shop (unlocked or not) you need to edit an existing item into that item or use a dispenser (which can be set to have an effectively unlimited number of blocks).

@Lost Ninja it turns out if u continue going higher than 200, there is some more "secret" blocks

Edit: and I mean a lot higher than 200, for example it might skip some ;) wink*
I will do eventually, now you mention it probably later today...

Edit 2: also what save file editor do u use, I find there is some different ones that makes it fairly simple to edit, and some more complex ones
I'm guessing that you know how to get the actual text from the save game? So I use 3 editors, highly technical I know... ;) Word for search/replace (largely for adding/removing carriage returns), Excel for generating lists (for instance I have it setup to output a pre-formatted list of block names so I can just select which ones I want and bingo I get a list ready for Word to re-format. And lastly I use a Scintilla Text Editor (for windows) which I've been using for years and love, handily highlights the closing/opening parenthesis pair so I can see the end of large blocks of text.

wow!, that is really , really impressive! But I do wonder why alot of these secret blocks are not just slapped into the R&D test chamber, You figured that would be the best place to put them so we could mess around with unfinished content.
Pretty much because many (most TBH) of the 'hidden' blocks are pretty much place-holder objects most do nothing and I'd guess they don't want the main game polluted with useless blocks that may never be fixed to work with the game. Sort of like them not announcing new blocks (with a few exceptions) before they're ready to go into R&D.

I think the conveyors I found that *do* work are most likely an initial attempt at fixing the conveyor issues, whereas the new ones (now showing in R&D) are most likely using new code that arrived when whoever it was played with the code to try and fix conveyors launching things, you'll notice that they use a different handling graphic (it appears to be a different mechanic too, but I could be wrong).

Yo Jamie! Lost nija should be the newest hero of the hour! this work is seriously impressive!
Glad you liked it, but while I wouldn't say no to Canary I really don't need any more notoriety... ;)
also, you can do spoilers
I probably should have guessed that one...
Code:
Does this work?
And yes it appears to... :D

Last edited:

daltonwooo

@Lost Ninja it turns out if u continue going higher than 200, there is some more "secret" blocks

Edit: and I mean a lot higher than 200, for example it might skip some ;) wink*

Edit 2: also what save file editor do u use, I find there is some different ones that makes it fairly simple to edit, and some more complex ones

Last edited:

cupid_the_conqueror

wow!, that is really , really impressive! But I do wonder why alot of these secret blocks are not just slapped into the R&D test chamber, You figured that would be the best place to put them so we could mess around with unfinished content.

Yo Jamie! Lost nija should be the newest hero of the hour! this work is seriously impressive!

Dellamorte

Nice work!! Some of this I have been sitting on myself for some time but you have also gone a bit beyond some of the work I did, I would like to have a chat to you @Lost Ninja when you have some time.

reaperx1

Crazed Builder
Awesome work collecting all the info provided above.

Has anyone tried to add anything from that list and got it to work in the game?

Looks like something is missing.o_O

Have a good one

Azirahael

I'll second that motion :p

daltonwooo

@reaperx1 if u read my above post I have ! also just messing around with block id's can be fun if ur trying to bug test in the actual game not just r&d testing chamber!

reaperx1

Crazed Builder
@reaperx1 if u read my above post I have ! also just messing around with block id's can be fun if ur trying to bug test in the actual game not just r&d testing chamber!
bin there done that moved on.

Trying to build a world of hell for people to try if they dare.

Kind of a mod with stuff to find and features that may not be in the official game.

Learning as I go.

Have a good one

reaperx1

Crazed Builder
I know how fun it can be and the time it can save when restarting the game for whatever reason. I have tried the "secret ones" on this list with no luck yet.

edit:
Got it in the game, but it does not function at all. Looks cool though.

Have a good one

Last edited:

Lost Ninja

And with a new update, I figured I'd add some of the new blocks... because they're all interesting and stuff:
163 EXP WheelGroundClearing
164 EXP Plough
165 EXP Wheel
166 EXP BlockGirder
167 EXP Wheel
168 EXP DiggerScoop
169 EXP MGun
170 EXP WheelMetal
171 GC Conveyor

172 GC Filter

173 GC Generator

174 GC Fabricator

175 GC Refinery

176 GC Foundry

177 GC Deli

178 GC Scrapper

179 GC SiloA

180 GC SiloB

181 EXP VibroKnife
182 EXP Battery
183 EXP Radar
184 EXP Shield
185 EXP Radar
186 EXP PlasmaCutter
187 EXP ArmourPlate
188 EXP Regen
189 EXP Tractor
190 EXP Tractor
191 EXP RegenRobotArm
BlockID - Corp - Block Name
I picked these up off dispensers, if you try that note that the items in italics crash the game (it can be ignored).
I'll probably update the OP and the spreadsheets later on as I have a hospital appointment today (new brain ;)) so don't have time now.

The GC bubbles/radar/battery work as expected. Robot arm is a place holder, as is the knife. The Plasma Cutter works but I suspect is using another weapons projectile as it does sod all damage.

Screen shots, notes, etc tonight (probably)...

Dellamorte

Which dispensers do you mean? Are you finding these in the world?
Some of these blocks are popping up on dispensers I restarted my save that I found some of them in so I can not list what they where. I found some of these in the canary build also but did not post in public about them as the team has not announced most of these blocks and I did not want to ruin it for you guys.

Lost Ninja

Which dispensers do you mean? Are you finding these in the world?
I edited them in via the save game, so I could see the new blocks in game.

So added the new block IDs to the m_KnownItems section, (the list of new blocks taken from the end of the m_BlockStates section. Then edited in some dispensers and viola!

I had a discussion with SaiWun & Jamie about this prior to the OP being posted.