[1.0.2] This tech doesn't move (GC L&R Track poor weight limit)

Zorgomol

Not a Number
ThisTechDoesntMove.png

It just twitches in place when I try to move or turn. Apparently L&R tracks have very poor carrying capacity in this version. It needs 8x L&R tracks to actually move and meanwhile it moves just fine with 4x GC Big Boy wheels. Also I don't see the 'wheel is overloaded' notification. Is this an intentional change?

(Also it cannot turn due to the same old tracks turning issue.)

Mindl3ss

Mindless Dominion Fleet Admiral
can you post a .PNG of the tech? that's just an immage, i would need the actual file to investigate further.

kae

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
Heya Zorgomol, I checked the snapshot attached and it does look like the tech is overweight but the notification is not showing :)

I'll send this to the coders to have a look at.
I'll also tag Kris in to see what he thinks but I don't believe the tracks should have been changed from our previous update.

Cheers

Last edited:

Mindl3ss

Yeah, it works now, I don't know what was going on before. I am in agreement with Kae's assessment. It's overloaded, but not flagging it as such. You may consider putting some hovers underneath or internally to decrease its effective weight, or adding some heavier wheels tucked into the design. Also BF antigrav will be a viable option in the near future.

Also I sort of disagree with Kae on the treads. I didn't find them unballenced, but if a big boy wheel can support more than a dozer track? Yeah that seems off to me.

Zorgomol

Not a Number
The tech moves fine on two GC center tracks but requires 8 GC L/R tracks. The disparity is pretty glaring. Actually, it even moves on 4x GSO Little Trekker wheels of all things... very slowly but moves anyway, while on the tracks it just twitches in place.

So I'd say that the L/R tracks are pretty broken.

Mindl3ss

Im not sure i like L/R parts at all. Venture wings are tedious to use and you cant have a large center wingtip that's an odd with, so all large venture craft have to be an even number of squares wide and have this double tail rudder that looks good on some techs, but i want to run a single large rudder sometimes and have to source Hawkeye or BF. meh. not exactly game breaking, but super inconveinient. also brings me back to my argument for larger blocks of all kinds for larger scale construction. like a full wingtip sized venture center rudder...

kae

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
Also I sort of disagree with Kae on the treads. I didn't find them unballenced, but if a big boy wheel can support more than a dozer track? Yeah that seems off to me.
My comment on tagging in Kris was to see if he had done any adjustment to them, personally I don't think they were unbalanced in the past either and knowing we've just done a lot of work on the wheel system I'm 99% sure it's a bug :)