[1.0.2][Steam/windows] Release Blues...

Kevin Vanderhoef

Eldritch Horror, and Ship's Cat.
The update to 1.0.2 made me think that the game had crashed (I was apparently playing when the game decided to update).

1. Wiped out previous auto saves,
Expected but annoying, I had just built a new tech, and now it's gone.​
2. Reset all of my options.
Grrrr. Suddenly I'm back to under 15 fps, again. Have to rebuild controls for left handed use again...​
3. Tutorial skip option is gone.
How long did we complain before it was implemented the first time?​
4. Forward got stuck.
No problem, I'll press backwards... Blows past battery... Run keyboard test (keyboard fine), Controller test(controler fine) This one may actually be a problem.​
5. Kicked out of Bug Report before sending it.
Uhm... Hey Guys?... OK reopening Bug Report works...

Attachments

harpo99999

ah kick till it starts
I also have seen ALL saves/techs/user names in game ( and had to create a new user(&the folders for them) ALL deleted from inside the my games folder (on w10 no windows updates between)(not actually deleted
edit, upon further digging, the game default working location has changed, from the my games\terratech\#long number#\ area to
games terratech\ area
and I do not remember seeing any info about this change

Last edited:

kae

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
Hey there, we changed the location for saved user files/data quite a while ago to the location below in our 1.0.1 patch, you can read about it below

https://steamcommunity.com/games/285920/announcements/detail/1700565796606003112
  • Windows path:
    \Documents\My Games\TerraTech\<SteamID>\
  • Mac path:
    ~/Users/YourUserName/Library/Application Support/TerraTech/<SteamID>/
  • Linux path:
    ~/home/user/.local/share/TerraTech/<SteamID>/
It should however have loaded the user from the new location automatically and not prompted you to make a new user profile. Can you please let me know if you have switched from unstable back to stable or vice versa at any point?

The game should not run any updates while the game is open, if this is actually the case, this is a steam issue and you need to contact them about it if it happens again.

3. The tutorial skip should only appear if you have a saved game on the profile that has passed the tutorial, can you let me know if the option still does not appear after you've recovered your save games please?

4. I'm not seeing this issue on my side using my own saves and using your attached auto save, can you confirm this is still and issue and which buttons you have the controls mapped to please?

5. There is a known issue where the P button causes the report a bug menu to close, is this what you are seeing?

Kevin Vanderhoef

I actually checked on my save files when they don't show up. Especially when the new release shows
"New game" at the top of the options instead of Campaign. All my Saves were gone. Probably why I thought the game crashed suddenly when it updated. Fortunately I had a recent save on the Bug forum...
This happened with the 1.0 release for me as well.

And I had forgotten about the "P" thing thinking it had been fixed.
It is entirely possible that the Update thing was Steam's fault.

Kevin Vanderhoef

All I know is that 10 minutes into the game(1.0.1.11) it shutdown, and didn't generate a crash log. so, I restarted the game and in staid of continue campaign, it went to "New Game". so I checked The Save folder and all of the "Autosave<date>.Save files were gone.

It's entirely possible that when I started playing, the Update had finished Downloading, and was being executed just as I started the game.