[1.0.2] Minigun not arcing it's aim

Mindlessmrawesome

as you can see from this picture, the minigun does not elevate to compensate for the bullet drop. It just shoots straight at it. This has been a bug for a long time now and I'd really like to see it fixed soon :)

Mindl3ss

Mindless Dominion Fleet Admiral
you are playing modded, the devs wont look at it. even if the issue is in the main game. Sad but true. Best bet, get some non modded players to gripe about it and it might get addressed. I had this issue a few weeks ago where i brought up a bug where certain triggers would kill your propellers and they wouldn't come on again, and the Q&A department basically shut down my bringing attention to it and rules Nazi'd me a bunch. Three updates later, they fixed the bug when they came across it on their own. it's sad that the devs don't take our word at things, Modders understand the workings of the game much better than average players, but that's their luxury to overlook i guess.

Mindlessmrawesome

you are playing modded, the devs wont look at it. even if the issue is in the main game. Sad but true. Best bet, get some non modded players to gripe about it and it might get addressed. I had this issue a few weeks ago where i brought up a bug where certain triggers would kill your propellers and they wouldn't come on again, and the Q&A department basically shut down my bringing attention to it and rules Nazi'd me a bunch. Three updates later, they fixed the bug when they came across it on their own. it's sad that the devs don't take our word at things, Modders understand the workings of the game much better than average players, but that's their luxury to overlook i guess.
The only mod I have installed is my mod and it only adds like 50 lines of code.

Mindlessmrawesome

The only mod I have installed is my mod and it only adds like 50 lines of code.
Also, as I mentioned in the thing, this has been a bug for a LOOONG TIME. I only recently installed the mod, and it has been bugging me since I built that red dune buggy in the picture which I built in the base game vanilla.

Mindl3ss

dude, i agree with you. but. the devs wont take our say so because the mod manager it's self tampers with the core programming. I get why, but you know that whole mod support thing they just asked us about. maybe they should start with accepting bug hunting from Modded players. we probably put as much if not more time into playing than most of the youtubers, and definitely understand the complications of coding and how mods affect games than most of the player base.

I just stopped using the gattling gun. except on one of my core buildings where i suppose i could easily replace it with another weapon, i just havnt bothered. not like iv played the campaign months as nothing new has come out (Though the BF release will get me back playing the campaign. no worries there payload, you are on track as far as im concerned.)

Oh and heres that building. It's really useful as a fortified charging tower and it's unmodded, so enjoy. Spawn in, assume control, Make sure you are anchored on as flat of a spot as you can and press X to blow the bolts and assume control of the tower. Anchor the tower (This can be a little difficult on uneven terrain) Swap back to your tech and enjoy your nearly invincible insta-charge station. it can hold massive quantities of power, charges it's self up quickly despite it's massive capacity. It has many small arms to deal with little techs that try to get in under firing arcs, eight powerful gatling turrets and several concealed missile launchers, Sheilds and repair bubbles for days, blanket SCU coverage, driveby high discharge chargers and even flyby chargers at the top. Crowning the tower is a massive 360 rotational heavy cannon turret with a small missile compliment. Layers of armor protect the squishy batteries inside even when the sheilds go dark. The whole thing is skinned in a stylistic black and yellow "BumbleBee" scheme common to Geocorp/Hawkeye joint ventures. I dub it the Capacitor Citadel.
Capacitor Citadel.png

Mindl3ss

it will, but, it will have no side to side tracking in that configuration. different orientation, same issue.

Mindlessmrawesome

dude, i agree with you. but. the devs wont take our say so because the mod manager it's self tampers with the core programming. I get why, but you know that whole mod support thing they just asked us about. maybe they should start with accepting bug hunting from Modded players. we probably put as much if not more time into playing than most of the youtubers, and definitely understand the complications of coding and how mods affect games than most of the player base.

I just stopped using the gattling gun. except on one of my core buildings where i suppose i could easily replace it with another weapon, i just havnt bothered. not like iv played the campaign months as nothing new has come out (Though the BF release will get me back playing the campaign. no worries there payload, you are on track as far as im concerned.)

Oh and heres that building. It's really useful as a fortified charging tower and it's unmodded, so enjoy. Spawn in, assume control, Make sure you are anchored on as flat of a spot as you can and press X to blow the bolts and assume control of the tower. Anchor the tower (This can be a little difficult on uneven terrain) Swap back to your tech and enjoy your nearly invincible insta-charge station. it can hold massive quantities of power, charges it's self up quickly despite it's massive capacity. It has many small arms to deal with little techs that try to get in under firing arcs, eight powerful gatling turrets and several concealed missile launchers, Sheilds and repair bubbles for days, blanket SCU coverage, driveby high discharge chargers and even flyby chargers at the top. Crowning the tower is a massive 360 rotational heavy cannon turret with a small missile compliment. Layers of armor protect the squishy batteries inside even when the sheilds go dark. The whole thing is skinned in a stylistic black and yellow "BumbleBee" scheme common to Geocorp/Hawkeye joint ventures. I dub it the Capacitor Citadel.
View attachment 25579
also...

Legionite

LegionKnight
Website
forum.terratechgame.com
It was fixed once in the past, and it dealt insane amounts of damage when it was aiming correctly.

It should be noted that the autocannon effectively manages to take out blocks and drills in seconds, making melee combat against a Tech armed with autocannons impossible.

It if is fixed, please lower the damage output considerably.

kae

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
We investigate things that can be confirmed an issue on un-modded games, this is stated on our rules. If you can confirm this issue happens on an unmodded version of the game or there is an easy way to reproduce it, we have no qualms about investigating it.

Concerning your other post you are referring to, please do not spread misinformation, I asked you if you could reproduce the issue on a unmodded game due to our rules once or if anyone else had seen the issue. We're still a small games studios, if we investigated every single problem with games modded or unmodded we could potentially be wasting a ton of time testing potentially mod created problems, due to conflicting installed mods or code added which does not play nicely with our own official code.

With that being said, I've looked into this issue I can confirm that it's an issue, I'll pass it to the rest of our team :)

Cheers

Sdarks

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
As Kae said we can't commit to investigating issues in modded versions of the game because we don't know what mods are being run and what they're doing. Even one line of code in a seemingly harmless place can cause all sorts of issues. Something as simple as loading the mod manager but not actually modding anything could in theory create a timing issue that wouldn't have appeared otherwise. Easiest way to report a bug if you're playing modded is to just turn off mods for a bit (I'm assuming you can turn off the mod manager) and check if it still happens. A few extra minutes from you guys can save us potentially days of tracking down an issue that might not even exist :)

Mindl3ss

See... I didnt even point the bug out and im getting rules nazi'd again.

edit: and iv about had enough of it. the last time i posted a bug, i SPECIFICALLY asked for other non modded players to investigate so it could be verified. Two pages of rules mongering later and nobody wanted to get involved to help verify it. Back off. What you are trying to ask us to do is what we are doing by posting it here. Letting non-modded players investigate. We cant have them do that if we dont ask them. Not everything we post here is a direct demand for action from the devs. Look. We know the rules and we are following them. Give us a few minutes to sort it out amoungst ourselves before you jump down our throats with a rolled up rulebook. PLEASE!

And no Sdarks, The Mod Manager edits the core program. it is not enough just to disable mods. a full reinstall of the game is necessary for payload to consider a bug from a modded player. (According to the rules, as i was told last time.)

Seriously. @Matt, Can you please do something about this. Second time in the last few weeks. we CANT take the few extra minutes to verify the bug with non modded players when the thread is being eaten up by rules Mongering. nobody's going to want to get involved.

Last edited:

WhitePaw2002

Modding Husky
Website
github.com
Woah, slow down a bit!

And no Sdarks, The Mod Manager edits the core program. it is not enough just to disable mods. a full reinstall of the game is necessary for payload to consider a bug from a modded player.
I am sorry to say this, but that is not true.
TTQMM only adds one line to a specific .dll file, that it makes a backup of:
upload_2019-1-7_13-42-3.png
There is nothing that changes in order of loading of core modules, or any of that. If no mods are loaded, nothing changes. It only loads mods when the game loads.
Disabling all the mods in TTMM will give you the same result as removing the patch from within TTMM, verifying your game files through Steam, or updating the game. (Unmodded)
If you can confirm this issue happens on an unmodded version of the game or there is an easy way to reproduce it, we have no qualms about investigating it.

I wish I knew what your frustrations were, Mindl3ss, but I could not comprehend through the outburst.

Last edited:

Mindl3ss

my outburst comes from me knowing that what you just said is true, and being told by the devs and community managers that it isnt. (Strike that, i dont think a dev has told me that yet. prettty much just Kae.) You will notice that i followed that quoted statment with 'According to what i was told'. also i stated that that was what it took for PAYLOAD TO CONSIDER a modded player's bug.

My outburst comes from the last bug i tried to get verified by non-modded players (Like i was told to) got shut down by repetitive rules mongering. Nobody wanted to even check because they didnt get involved after said mongering. the thread just got abandoned.

and my outburst comes from TRYING to bug hunt for this company, trying to abide by their rules for modded players bug hunting, and repetitively getting told the rules for trying to do what im told.

And im not even going to touch being accused of spreading mis-information. that was a stab that does not require adding to.

im sick of it. It's counter-productive, and if it happens again im just going to stop bug hunting.

Last edited:

Legionite

LegionKnight
Website
forum.terratechgame.com
My outburst comes from the last bug i tried to get verified by non-modded players (Like i was told to) got shut down by repetitive rules mongering. Nobody wanted to even check because they didnt get involved after said mongering. the thread just got abandoned.

im sick of it. It's counter-productive, and if it happens again im just going to stop bug hunting.
Umm, the top post looks modded - The neutral Techs in the minimap look out of place in creative.

We investigate things that can be confirmed an issue on un-modded games, this is stated on our rules. If you can confirm this issue happens on an unmodded version of the game or there is an easy way to reproduce it, we have no qualms about investigating it.
Yep, can confirm as a certified bug-catcher in an unmodded version of the game that the "Minigun(Autocannon) not arcing it's aim" bug is very much present in the base game out of the numerous MP matches I have played in 1.0.2.

The damage nerf should be noted though:

It was fixed once in the past, and it dealt insane amounts of damage when it was aiming correctly.

It should be noted that the autocannon effectively manages to take out blocks and drills in seconds, making melee combat against a Tech armed with autocannons impossible.

It if is fixed, please lower the damage output considerably.

Last edited:

Mindl3ss

Thank you for trying to re-rail this train.

And i agree. the Damage nerf should be noted.

Dawhovian5

Sir, you seem to be implying you know more than Sdarks. I’d like to point out that Sdarks is part of payload. And you need to realize your talking about a topic you know less than him and others about. You should refer to WhitePaw/Aceba1’s comment because he is the person who in fact created the mod manager program.