[1.0.2.3] Positive feedback on new Better Future content...!

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
OK, so I've already dived in with numerous bug reports, as usual, so I thought it worth while to highlight some things I liked or appreciated with the new stuff in campaign.

(1) Hubl has great character design! The subtle use of the curve blocks is way more artistic than I would have ever thought of (probably aiming for boring perfectly flush white surfaces, etc). The little horns either side of the top of the head evoke a cyber-demon twist on a corporatised EVE-a-like.:cool:

2019-02-08 Hubl 1.jpg

(2) The disc lasers are very cool, much as envisioned for the Star Trek phaser-array like blocks from which they emanate.

(3) The Sky anchor function is very similar to the answer I had in mind for the long running anchoring failure woes that many have had. e.g. close to what I suggested here (even if it's not quite what it's name initially implies to most):
Now, a telescopic/harpoon anchor to fires out a long, long way to real you down to the ground (but only anchor successfully if the anchoring block can still get very close), that would be cool. Maybe for when hover-bug airships are officially supported, without the the 'bug' part.

(4) The hover race tracks, with hoops at varying heights, are pretty well tailored to showing off the capabilities of the newly upgraded hover techs and make some use of the rougher terrain, that's too uneven for Venture races or safe capture base mission locations, etc. There's going to be a lot of teething problems and frustrations with them, of course, but that's for another thread.

(5) The BF 'Punks' mission techs I've seen so far look striking and cool too. Of course their block grades are all over the place and they're relying on HE parts still, for now, but I'm sure that'll be resolved in due time. (Not seen any com-core submissions I recognise, as yet.)

Last edited:

stickman_king_28

Suddenly loyal golden armada member
wish u could change how strong the tether was, like making it hold ur tech a bit closer to the ground, say in aggro range for floaty turrets. I also want to criticize the fact that BF is a money hungry corporation, thought theyd have this merciful vibe, but ok. THIS IS A POSITIVE FEEDBACK THREAD THO!
-BF's new medium hover rings: CORNER HOVERS! YEEEESSS!
-betterbetter anrigrav engines: "My planet needs me"
-the gravity enhancer engines: Floaty no more
-Fabricator: Why doesnt it work like the Subnautica fabricator? i wanna see those LASERS MAKING MY err... lasers. Flashlight.gif
(sorry for huge image tho) (not animating? click here)
-The scrapper: I HOPE YOU LIKE TRIANGLES!
-Anchors in manufacturing tab? ok.
-Laser discs have same description lol but fire those beams. alright.
-new tech designs opened up because of the new parts.
-THEY CHANGES DEFAULT PLANE CONTROLS!

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
Oh yeah!:

(6)
BF is a money hungry corporation
I actually really like that there is a late game money sink. I mean, it's very limited, but it gives some reward for harvesting a bit of Erudite, or whatever. Would love to see a more open ended mechanic requiring spending, too (beyond buying blocks, which there's no real need for, in terms of progression).

THIS IS A POSITIVE FEEDBACK THREAD
Yeah, what else is anybody loving in this patch? :)

Soviet_Samuelson

On the path to becoming a grand-master idiot
Website
forum.terratechgame.com
Oh yeah!:

(6)

I actually really like that there is a late game money sink. I mean, it's very limited, but it gives some reward for harvesting a bit of Erudite, or whatever. Would love to see a more open ended mechanic requiring spending, too (beyond buying blocks, which there's no real need for, in terms of progression).

Yeah, what else is anybody loving in this patch? :)
i like thats its finally out

Mindlessmrawesome

I really do like all the options that the devs have given us for building large multitechs. Hover controllers, anti grav, airbrakes, they all are absolutely amazing for making multitechs. It is also nice that they buffed the power of steering hovers as well as those are commonly used in multitechs. All in all, they recognized a want by the community and fulfilled it.