[1.0.1] Floating enemies that probably shouldn't

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
maybe an update changing hover power make these tech flying now , but not when they was created by their builders ?
Yes, that's exactly what happened. The hover plates got a very big buff in effective strength almost a year ago (was it?) around the time of Better Future's introduction. Possibly changed the scaling of the force, relative to distance from the ground, too, so plates close to the ground push up even stronger, now.

I’ve gotten a Hawkeye tank with the same bug, and it’s that they can not control it or anything so as a result I’ve seen a few just begin spinning at near light speed.
It would be cool if you could grab a snapshot of the tech, if you see it in a creative mode (I think you can't in campaign...?). Or video recording.

Most of these techs that float when they shouldn't still do have some control, due to all pads now having vectoring of their forces. But they generally don't have enough gyroscopes to stay fully stable, and are top-heavy, so tip. Also too few thrust sources to move in an assertive fashion, of course. One of the techs above (this battleship) is arguably acceptable, in that it apparently has some fans to turn and move it. So maybe it *was* meant to float a little, with the wheels just there to avoid damage from ground collisions (but it still looks kinda weird):
"dreadnaut" (snapshot):

Website
www.youtube.com
Yes, that's exactly what happened. The hover plates got a very big buff in effective strength almost a year ago (was it?) around the time of Better Future's introduction. Possibly changed the scaling of the force, relative to distance from the ground, too, so plates close to the ground push up even stronger, now.

It would be cool if you could grab a snapshot of the tech, if you see it in a creative mode (I think you can't in campaign...?). Or video recording.

Most of these techs that float when they shouldn't still do have some control, due to all pads now having vectoring of their forces. But they generally don't have enough gyroscopes to stay fully stable, and are top-heavy, so tip. Also too few thrust sources to move in an assertive fashion, of course. One of the techs above (this battleship) is arguably acceptable, in that it apparently has some fans to turn and move it. So maybe it *was* meant to float a little, with the wheels just there to avoid damage from ground collisions (but it still looks kinda weird):
I think the wheels look weird and hub wheels would be better. The techs I’ve encountered in my campaign get shredded by my lasers due to the fact that he tech can’t angle the vectors down properly, resulting in no traction. I’ve also recently had one clip through and get stuck in my turret? Which span the turret very fast, by since the turret was inside it killed before I could screnshot