[1.0.1] can't zoom inside of my techs anymore

Discussion in 'TT Stable & Console Bugs' started by Mindlessmrawesome, Oct 29, 2018.

Tags:
?

you agree?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Mindlessmrawesome

Mindlessmrawesome Well-Known Member

I can't zoom inside of my big techs anymore unless I'm in the build beam, which is extremely laggy. Could you please fix this? I like being able to have the fps of being anchored and being able to see inside my creations.

2. ZeroGravitas

ZeroGravitas Breaker of Games

I hadn't noticed a recent change, here... For a brief time, a while back, there was a zoom rate bug that let you get too close, inside the tech you are controlling. But then I don't work on massive techs, generally.

So it's no good enough to use a small tech/cab place behind the tech you want to look inside (just more fiddly)? And you couldn't never actually add blocks on the inside, of course (with how that works/fails)?

3. Mindlessmrawesome

Mindlessmrawesome Well-Known Member

Zero Gravitas...
    You can build inside techs. There are these magical blocks called armor panels which you can use to fill in any attachment points that you don't want your blocks trying to attach to.
    And the main point is not that you can't build inside of the techs, it's that you can't see inside of the techs. This is incredibly annoying for when you want to look inside a multitech to see what is going wrong, or in the case of my aircraft carrier, you can't even see inside the hangar. Sometimes it's just a matter of me not being able to zoom close enough to my aircraft carrier for me to be able to actually see what I'm placing. And the carrier is much too big for build beaming, especially when it has all it's assets deployed and there are planes in/on it. There would have been absolutely no way I could have built my aircraft carrier without some massive multi-tech scaffolding complex to allow me to look inside of it, and I'm lucky I finished most of it right before the update came out. I may even have to revert back an update if I want to make major changes.
    My final point is... why? What do you get from not being able to zoom inside a tech? Is it greater than the loss of not being able to construct large techs? I now have to place a cab on top of my aircraft carrier, a very tedious task mind you, in order to view it's internals. It's incredibly unnecessary and annoying. Please revert the zooming back to the way it was.

harpo99999 and ZeroGravitas like this.
  4. ZeroGravitas

ZeroGravitas Breaker of Games

Message from @JAL this morning that I accidentally erased when banning new spam accounts... :confused: (I looked back in browser history and took a screenshot.):

Mindlessmrawesome likes this.