[1.0.1] Better Future snapshots loadable (with BF blocks missing) - intended?

Discussion in 'TT Stable & Console Bugs' started by ZeroGravitas, Nov 13, 2018.

1. ZeroGravitas

ZeroGravitas Breaker of Games

Going back to this stable version, I noticed my new snapshot with better future blocks are visible in the tech loader. You can deploy or swap to them, but of course the new blocks don't load in and any disconnected blocks vanish after the loading animation.

I'm thinking it's part of a deliberate change (I think I've asked for this kind of thing, for campaign), but wanted to make sure this behaviour was known.

Edit: this is in R&D (and Creative?). Workshop techs with BF also visible.

#1 ZeroGravitas, Nov 13, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2018
    Aardvark123, Lord Zarnox and Galrex like this.
  2. Django

Django PAYLOAD STUDIOS

This is correct; this used to be the behaviour previously.

With the introduction of BF we identified it as a serious problem as you could now load a tech with no valid blocks at all due to having a new cab block. Loading such a snapshot will actually crash the game.
    We made the choice to prohibit loading of snapshots that do not contain owned blocks (ie R&D or blocks from the unstable) from this version onward.
    Unfortunately we can't reach back in time and add it to the Stable already out there.

3. ZeroGravitas

Heh I got lucky in testing.

Well I personally decided to avoid uploading any BF snapshots to the Workshop until the blocks are unlocked for non-R&D owner, at least...

Aardvark123, Lord Zarnox and Galrex like this.
  4. Django

Django PAYLOAD STUDIOS

Please go ahead and upload all the BF tech to the workshop! It's only a problem for you because you went from having the BF blocks available in the unstable (which allowed the game to import the snapshots) to no longer having them in the Stable.

For most people they will simply not see the BF snapshots show up in game if they're not on the unstable with R&D :)

5. ZeroGravitas

Oh, it cached the snapshots locally, you mean?

In 1.0.1 (stable) I'm also seeing newly subscribed pure better future techs appearing and I can load them to have nothing or make my own tech vanish. No crash though (disappointingly):

Is this not what you were saying...? (Did switching forwards and back unlock something else...?)

It was more that I thought it unfair to show players things they couldn't have yet. (More likely to get more takers when they can, I think.)

Aardvark123, Galrex and Lord Zarnox like this.