[1.0.1.7] Better creative mode example techs (for control schemes)

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
I like the idea of showing off the new schemes by starting up creative mode with a tech of each type.:) But the current Better Future hover tech ("Hover Buddy") and Hawkeye helicopter ("Mini Heli" - on workshop) are a little lacking. (Snapshots attached for future reference.)

The helicopter looks nice enough, but can only lift and yaw. It can't pitch, roll, accelerate, etc.

So I thought I'd take a quick stab at making a more capable demonstrator, in the same HE theme. Here - the "ZG Nightblade H2" (based on @Nightblade Greyswandir's popular "Copter Mi28 Havoc"):

ZG NightBlade H2.png

I stripped out all the power systems for simplicity and weight, so it works on a single rotor (and basically rebuilt it from scratch). It shows off use of various blocks for control input, including the hover steer, which will give a modest amount of "roll" lean for strafing.

You're all welcome to post (below) revisions of this tech and/or originals. No idea if the devs will be interested in this idea, or have other plans already in place.

Attachments

Last edited:

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
New controls require complete overhaul of force sources so you can make helicopter that fly like really real one.
I've found the old hover-bug choppers still work the same, with hover bug removed, provided they don't have too many hover steers or relied too much on hover-bug for lift.

But yeah, there are a few more options now, for more direct control of various axes.

Also here, I gave my rendition a few more tweaks:

ZG NightBlade H2k.png

I made the wheel layout more logical for the type of helicopter (more like the original). Added a second rotor to allow faster ascent and more aggressive lean for faster cruising (would have to totally shrink down the design to avoid this). Balanced thrusters (for fun).

zanzistar

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
Oops, sorry, I deleted this thread by accident whilst clearing out the spam threads. Undeleted now, obviously.