Kevin Vanderhoef

Eldritch Horror, and Ship's Cat.
Aug 15, 2018
Somewhere in Seattle Washington.
platform: Steam/Windows 10 PC
Version: 1.0.1.6
20181214103802_1.jpg
At this point the game is locked.

since 1.0.1.2 I have been getting a software lock Lockout after opening the Fabricator Menu on the Crafty Business II mission.
This locks out all controls except for mouse Movement, clicking does not work. so you cant back out of the mission at this point.

Closing the program, and reloading does not fix it.
Neither does spawning the mission from another terminal station.
As it forces me to shut the program down it does not generate a proper bug report.

Here is my Frustrated response to repeated suggestions to do so on the Steam Forum

itsune9tl has TerraTech 11 hours ago

Closing the game, and reloading doesn't help, even moving to another terminal to to respawn the mission doesn't help.

I've been trying. I've even tried starting a new campaign and working my way back up. but the program software locks as soon as you open Crafty Mike's fabricator.

Now since the only difference from releases earlier than 1.0.1.2 is that the Fabricator now script's in with an Item pre-selected (and yes it's the *beep*ing one block), I am thinking the Mission script handler is locking the player out.

The mission handler locks out any action but what it expects. So, once the fabricator menu is open it locks the program until it can acknowledge that you have selected item, Now, since the handler moves on to the next prompt in the mission (Because of the pre-selected item), you are still locked by the previous action prompt which has not been closed out. This locks the mission without Crashing, or tripping the program not responding error, because no actual Error message is generated for the log.

Interesting note is that you can Steal CM's Fabricator by grabbing it with the Block manipulator once it appears, and Leaving CM' mission range. But that doesn't complete the mission.

Kevin Vanderhoef

Aug 15, 2018
Now Version 1.0.1.7
Crafty business II works up to the point where you open Mike's Fabricator. At which point the game no longer accepts input with out triggering a "Crash". Restarted my pc, canceled the mission after reloading. One block is still Pre-selected. still can't generate a Bug report while input is locked. The {Esc} to the pause function to generate a Bug report does not work... Very frustrating... But at least we are working on it....

By no longer accepting input with out triggering a crash I mean the Game itself does not crash, I just got shot to pieces while Mikes Fabricator was open, which has happened to me when the mission was working. You really should be able to (esc) out of a mission when you are getting attacked, which is probably another bug....

There really should be alternate ways to get the Factory Tech.

Last edited:

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Jun 29, 2017
UK
www.youtube.com
Still broke, eh? I'd be obliged if you (or anyone) could upload me a save file (from 1.0.1.7) with this mission available at a trade station, so I can take a look too. "C:\Users\[Windows User]\Documents\My Games\TerraTech\[Big Number]\Saves"

I just got shot to pieces while Mikes Fabricator was open
There's an enemy aggression suppression field around all NPCs. Any enemies straying into this area (~150m) should become (permanently) passive. So yeah, should not be seeing that.

There really should be alternate ways to get the Factory Tech.
Yeah, with any other block you can just Fabricate it, right... But I think there's a small chance you'd get one from random enemies or invaders (don't cross your fingers though).

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Jun 29, 2017
UK
www.youtube.com
Should be below....
Good work, thanks.

I checked it out and not sure what to say. It just worked for me, straight up, twice...

Cropper2018-12-15-21-12-52-8524940.jpg

The One-Block was pre-selected, which I think it shouldn't be... However, I was able to just click "Craft" and it went through fine.

I notice that your control scheme UI element is highlighted in yellow (bottom middle of screen, where it says "Car"), like the Craft button is. In case there's any chance that is clashing, could you please try clicking on that first, before doing the mission, so that it's no longer highlighted.

I've attached a copy of your save with the mission complete, in case you still can't get through. (Nice tech by the way.)

I think these missions are @Greg's burden to shoulder (so fix it already, forehead :p;)).

I also got a nice instance of terrain misplacement when I first loaded your save, bonus. (Seen that glitch before yourself?):

Cropper2018-12-15-21-03-00-0520567.jpg

Attachments

Kevin Vanderhoef

Aug 15, 2018
I've just merged @stickman_king_28's new thread, titled "Crafty buisness II softlock" with this slightly older one on what sounds like the same bug.

Do you have a screenshot of what your locked-up game looks like, too?
Thumbnail at the top.

I also got a nice instance of terrain misplacement when I first loaded your save, bonus. (Seen that glitch before yourself?):
Happens about 5% of the time the area was level with the bottom of the Station when I saved.
I tend to ignore it or play around with the under layer. (Which looks like the Salt Flats Biome With Stuff hanging in the air.)

Reactions: ZeroGravitas

Kevin Vanderhoef

Aug 15, 2018
Just a bit of follow up on the CBII issue.
It still doesn't work on my end, so I'm using the ZG save. thank you for that.
FYI, I'm using a Reconditioned Dell Optiplex with an Intell Core 2 vPro and no Graphics Card, It cost me $150.
If it runs at all on my machine, You get bragging rights

Reactions: ZeroGravitas

kae

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
Mar 7, 2018
Glad it works for you while using ZGs modified save @ Kevin Vanderhoef.

The fix we put in should have prevented this issue from trigger and we're not able to reproduce it on our end, if this is still happening on your save could you please upload a game log from a session where this reproduces for us to look at please?

How to grab game logs

Game Logs
To obtain a game log:
For Windows:

In Steam > Library, right-click on TerraTech
Select Properties
Select Local Files tab
Click on Browse Local Files
Find output_log.txt in the TerraTech data folder

Note: If you are playing TT_Unstable beta branch, the path is:

C:\Users\*Username*\AppData\LocalLow\Payload\TerraTech

For Mac:

The file should be at ~/Users/YourUserName/Library/Logs/Unity/Player.log

For Linux:

The file should be at ~/.config/unity3d/Payload/TerraTech/Player.log
Cheers

Kevin Vanderhoef

Aug 15, 2018
Just to verify then, the file ..\Payload\TerraTech\output_log.txt
is rebuilt every time I play, so I can delete this log file without problems to the game itself.
Not that I have to actually delete it, but I can, if I want to be sure it's current, if I have a re-occurring problem.

kae

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
Mar 7, 2018
Yup!

The log file is generated each time the game is run and will stop writing data to the file once the game is closed, if the game is reopened it will overwrite the previous log file or generate a new file if the file does not exist.