[1.0.1.4] Some bugs I've found {Anti-grav discolouration, etc}

Discussion in 'TT Unstable Bugs' started by Mindlessmrawesome, Dec 8, 2018 at 2:45 AM.

1. Mindlessmrawesome

Mindlessmrawesome Well-Known Member

A bunch of blocks seem to be stuck with the purple glow of the anti-gravity, I think it's the ones with animations.
    So far we got: BF speed lance laser, BF Gatling laser, the BF medium booster, and occasionally it gets stuck on the landing legs. Also the BF gyro is stuck purple.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. The steam tech loader for some reason causes me major lag and fps loss while the normal one doesn't. It has never lagged like this for me before.

3. For some odd reason, it appears that the anti-gravity somehow applies a force and causes the center of mass to still act as a pivot point, meaning that the craft still leans in the direction it's more heavy. This tech has a gyroscope (that is currently completely purple in AG mode as demonstrated in the second picture) and it still leans forwards somehow. [​IMG]

2. Random Spaceship

Random Spaceship Aussie Booklord

Same here - mostly.
    The animated blocks are extremely purple with anti-grav on. Normal without it, though.
    The anti-grav engines seem to tilt my tech, too. It's a hover, with the trim gyros adjusted so it's (almost) perfectly stationary. When anti-grav is on, it tilts all over the place, even though it has a ton of passive and active BF gyros. EDIT: Apparently this was due to gyro wierdness.

#2 Random Spaceship, Dec 8, 2018 at 9:51 AM
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2018 at 11:33 PM
    Aardvark123 and Lord Zarnox like this.
  3. ZeroGravitas

ZeroGravitas Breaker of Games

Lol! What funky colouration - it has a pink 'undercarriage'.:D

I've added "[1.0.1.4]" to the thread title.

I reported that issue here and here:

4. ZeroGravitas

ZeroGravitas Breaker of Games

I think Kae would have liked this as a separate thread. I'll split it off, if you are sure that this isactually a thing.

I mean: even with gravity negated, an object will always rotate around its centre of mass. But are you saying that it always restores itself to leaning set point? If so, I suspect that's related to a bug with the trim gyroscope - I think that if you set the trim, then remove the block, the setting might not actually be removed.... Or something like that.

5. Mindlessmrawesome

wait I made updates to that thread and they didn't update

6. Mindlessmrawesome

ummm, I eventually figured out that the antigravity wierdness was somehow caused by the gyroscopes, not the anti-gravity itself. when I removed the all-axis gyro anti-gravity functioned as expected.

Lord Zarnox and ZeroGravitas like this.
  7. Mindlessmrawesome

it was passively rotating about it's center of mass and tilting forwards when no thrust was applied. but as I mentioned in the thread above this one I figured out it was the all-axis active (AAA) gyro.

8. Nuke_Pulse

Nuke_Pulse Member

R&D blocks are also covered in purple. All of them.