[1.0.1.4] Advanced Control Scheme options

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
Note: This thread compliments my previous mega-post on the control schemes.

[Tick box] in Control Schemes menu that expands the menu interface - to keep things from looking overly complex for new players (it's already a lot to take in). Adds this addition options somehow (expanded and/or additional menus)...

Allow repetition of key bindings? - E.g. I have drones/helicopters which I'd like to roll and yaw at the same time for nicer turns.

Enable automatic scheme switching. [Tick box] - see point 9 in this post.

Switch to this scheme when tech is: [Grounded/airborne/hovering] - trying to avoid needing two handed keyboard control.

Hotkey to manually switch to this scheme [Selection sub-menu] - something for controls update part 2, I hope.

Show thrust axes visualisation. [Tick box] - don't know if this is currently a debug thing or planned feature.

Stabilisation Computer mode [Dampening/Station holding] or [Strength slider] - probably better as settings on the block itself.

On the spot turning [Tick] - Circled wheel configuration for turning on the spot easier. Issues in this report.

Gyro/tech orientation switching. [Not sure] - For e.g. VTOLs that sit on their tail for take-off, hovering, then pitch down 90 degrees for horizontal flight.

Each control scheme line has these additional options - For linear axes (acceleration, strafe, lift):

Enable/disable throttle control [Tick] - toggle-able fan thrust and/or forward driving is something that's been asked for a lot in the past, from players with tired (pinkie) fingers from flying/driving for long periods. A good potential quality of life addition.

Throttle rate of change [Slider].

Throttle set point [Tick] - enable some kind of player configurable notch in the throttle scale, e.g. to remember the balance point thrust for hovering a helicopter stationary. (Although this could be better done with some kind of altitude hold setting on the stabilisation computers, or whatnot.)

Permit control authority over fans/props/rotors on this axis by rotational inputs (pitch, roll, yaw)? [Tick or slider] - fan assisted turning currently stalls planes, but might be helpful in a smaller measure. Necessary for for realistic quad-copter style drones, to allow pitching, etc.

All axes:

Secondary key binding. [Selection sub-menu] - a whole extra second row of key binding buttons.

Order of precedence - I'm not sure how the system (should) work(s) exactly, but turning axis control of fans currently overrides the "propellers" input. One way to permit that in some schemes, but not others, would be reordering of the control lines.

Run fans/propellers backwards? [Tick] - this may be able to give more fine nuanced control without needing Ion drives (I'd thought the Zero Propellers used to only thrust one way, for example when placed sideways on my "Bike Leans in", but I think I was wrong. Still, it got me thinking, but it's probably not wroth while.)

Last edited:

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
Oh, darn!:eek: I've just realised that I dropped this thread in the Unstable Bugs section by mistake, instead of Suggestions/Feedback!o_O Clearly I've spent too much time pinging back and forth between the two, recently. Moved now...:oops:

Last edited: