[1.0.1.3] Controls

Discussion in 'TT Unstable Bugs' started by Arc_insanity, Dec 4, 2018.

1. Arc_insanity

Arc_insanity Well-Known Member

All techs designed to both fly and hover/drive are uncontrollable. Keys can only be mapped once meaning any tech that drives and flies (or hovers and flies) requires you to use 2 sets of keys to control the tech. The old scheme worked fine for this. This means i need 3 hands to control any tech that can go in the air and drive on the ground.

This is a substantial downgrade from the previous controls.

Soviet_Samuelson likes this.
  2. Arc_insanity

to clarify I created a simple Tech to test the new control customization.

Things that no longer work:
    Techs that drive/hover, cannot also have flight controls, vise versa for flying vehicles.
    When a tech flips over (and can still drive) its controls do not adjust, like they did before, (are inverted).
    Selecting multiple controls schemes in the schemes menu does nothing, you must manualy pause and switch between them.

Attached Files:

Lord Zarnox likes this.
  3. ZeroGravitas

ZeroGravitas Breaker of Games

Yeah, I think it's important to clarify that this is true even after customising a control scheme as much as possible.

Not to worry, I'm sure this new system we're looking at is just an early draft, with much to be changed.:)

You have to enable multiple schemes for the tech and manually switch them (to go between driving on the ground and flying, with natural controls). Which feels unpleasantly cumbersome - I'd just never use planes, if this were to stay the case. (I'll make a more detailed overview of my thoughts on the new control systems when I've digested it all in more detail.)

4. kae

kae PAYLOAD STUDIOS

Heya, thanks for the feedback!

This was one of the things we were trying to make easier by separating each mode to separate control schemes, we're definitely keeping a close eye on what people think and will adjust to hopefully make our new control schemes a better and easier system to handle than our old one.

Lord Zarnox and Aardvark123 like this.
  5. Lost Ninja

Lost Ninja Well-Known Member

Had a quick play (I'm still duffing up dragons in Skyrim so won't be back for a while probably). Biggest issue for me was that I cannot double up keys. For instance I have F & G for rotating blocks. I cannot have them also assigned to Pitch/Strafe/whatever. Which means I physically have to use more keys (I don't play on a standard keyboard). You also cannot bind left/right to rotate blocks without them becoming unbound from the new default options.

While I get that you want to have shortcut keys bound to blocks. You really need some way to switch control schema from your keyboard/mouse, without that option I really don't see any advantage to having different control schemes.

6. Arc_insanity

As far as im concerned Terra tech unstable is currently unplayable with the control scheme changes. 75-90% of my techs have the abillity to drive/hover AND Fly/glide/boost in the air. Every single one of these techs is completely uncontrolable in the air unless i pause the game switch control schemes and apply changes mid flight then repeat when they land. Not to mention even trying to use the new anti grav stuff since techs are constantly switching between need ground controls and air controls.

7. harpo99999

harpo99999 ah kick till it starts

I also design to the auto changeover of ground to air controls, and will not even attempt to stop, pause the game, change control mode, unpause the game, then attempt to start in the 'new' control mode,
    if the control switchover happens when changing from ground contact to no ground contact, then that would be ok for me

8. Sea_Kerman

Sea_Kerman Well-Known Member

But the great thing about the new controls is that it doesn’t switch. You can force air controls on the ground in order to take off.

Lord Zarnox and Soviet_Samuelson like this.
  9. Soviet_Samuelson

Soviet_Samuelson Getting a permit to life in a jolly box

just change the controls if you want to use different ones

10. Lord Zarnox

Lord Zarnox Founder of the IFTTES

Just add a scheme that is identical to the old controls. It doesn't need to be able to be modified, just to be an option.

harpo99999 likes this.