[1.0.1.2] Current update causes Performance Drops

Potato

Tinkerer of Titäns
Oct 8, 2016
Title says it all. Compared to 1.0.1 and 1.0.1.1, the 1.0.1.2 Unstable update reduced the game's performance, lowering FPS overall.

Thanks.

Addendum: The performance suddenly went back to normal after I restarted the game.

Last edited:

GamerParrish

Aug 14, 2016
In a Tank Tinkering
Title says it all. Compared to 1.0.1 and 1.0.1.1, the 1.0.1.2 Unstable update reduced the game's performance, lowering FPS overall.

Thanks.
Probably due to the new blocks and "optimizations" and bugs.

I mean when you trip your not running full speed, you slow down to not murder yourself.

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Jun 29, 2017
UK
www.youtube.com
@Potato - I think that the QA devs would like to see a save upload of an example where there was significantly worst FPS for you, at any point. Ideally one that works smoothly in the stable branch, by comparison, but just for context, even if it's not totally reproducible.

"optimizations"
I'm not aware of any specific performance optimisations, since 1.0.1. But certainly there has been code 'refactoring' and new bugs introduced via that.

Reactions: kae

kae

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
Mar 7, 2018
I think that the QA devs would like to see a save upload of an example where there was significantly worst FPS for you, at any point. Ideally one that works smoothly in the stable branch, by comparison, but just for context, even if it's not totally reproducible.
This please!
For any performance related issues a DxDiag is also useful, you can grab one following the instructions on our bug reporting guide here.

Thanks!

Reactions: ZeroGravitas