[1.0.1.2] Build beam does not adjust for Tech size

Potato

Tinkerer of Titäns
Oct 8, 2016
Hey y'all, so this bug came up while I was building a Tech.

When I use the Build Beam, it won't adjust for the size of the Tech that I'm using, stopping the Tech from floating above ground, which is strange because when I tried to recreate the bug, it won't show up.

The Tech below doesn't use any bugs at the time of this writing.

20181126224357_1.jpg

Reactions: Lord Zarnox

kae

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
Mar 7, 2018
Hello!
I've seen this happen on one of my own techs as well, but I haven't been able to reproduce it since first seeing it. Can you provide a snapshot or a save game and your game logs next time this appears for you please?

Any additional information on what you were doing at the time of the issue would also be useful.

Thanks!

Lord Zarnox

Founder of the IFTTES
May 31, 2017
Australia
On a mostly unrelated note, I once screwed up the intro sequence for the game, where blocks are dropped from off screen to land near you. The problem is, if you are in build beam, you can angle the camera up just enough that the beam is still fully visible, but that the top is incredibly high. The result is that the required parts (such as 4 GSO Little Trekker Wheels) spawn so high that they either despawn, or just take an unbearably long time to fall to the ground, softlocking the game. Sure, it probably wont happen unless you do this intentionally, but still an interesting bug relating to the build beam.

Reactions: AstraTheDragon