[1.0.1.1] Invisible R&D Target

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Jun 29, 2017
UK
www.youtube.com

Sorry, I don't really know what happened here... I think I'd maybe destroyed the first little target, then tabbed out, etc. Coming back in, noticed there was an enemy marker with no blocks. Looking closer there were attach points on the floor.

Save appears to reload like this (attached).

I was in @peterb39's "Light Runner" save (also attached) when this happened.

Attachments

Django

Apr 21, 2016
London, UK
Looks like TargetSmall is still a tech - Fixed anchor with 1 colour block on it - that is now neatly tucked _under_ the R&D floor... which is why you can see the 2 APs.

How it got underneath there though, I don't know. Will need some further investigation :)

A Friendly Tech

Sep 21, 2018
I wonder if its related to the odd build beam behavior I was seeing yesterday. Randomly, the beam would push you harder into the ground instead of picking you up. Restarting fixes it for a while. It's like the game loses track of the tech's Z origin (assuming Z is up in this game). Anchoring seems wonky too, but I'm not sure about that one. Just seemed really hard to anchor in this version. I would have posted something about it, but I was distracted by the Army O' Petes.

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Jun 29, 2017
UK
www.youtube.com
How it got underneath there though, I don't know. Will need some further investigation :)
This happened to me again, with the "TerraTech" sign in R&D.

The sign tech had been destroy fairly gradually, rather than one huge missile bombardment. But I didn't notice the phantom marker of the underground rump remaining until I can back around later.

I'm now thinking that this will be a manifestation of tech splitting-scrambling bug, creating an off-set in a tech splinter.

Note, this bug with wheels not colliding with the floor happened just afterwards. So I've attached the same output_log file here too.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: Lord Zarnox