[1.0.0.7] Snapshots have transparent sky on all graphics settings

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
E.g. this snap taken in Campaign with "3 Fantastic" graphics set:

I think this used to be the case only for "fastest" (or lower end) settings? I've seen @QuackDuck and @Legionite with transparent skyes for a long time, that right?

It means the sky will be rendered black on the workshop, etc. But I guess it's a step up from the whole snapshot being transparent... :p;)

Attachments

Website
duckduckgo.com
I think this used to be the case only for "fastest" (or lower end) settings? I've seen @QuackDuck and @Legionite with transparent skyes for a long time, that right?
Yes, I've always had transparent skies because I only play on the fastest graphics settings.

I'm not too sure about this, but I remember turning on High Dynamic Range or Depth of Field and having the skies turning back to normal, but I haven't tested this in a long time so I'm not sure if that's changed.

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
turning on High Dynamic Range or Depth of Field and having the skies turning back to normal
Thanks for replying. Certainly switching HDR and DoF on (or off) doesn't fix this, currently.

Also, is it just me, or do those setting look even more horrible now? Just white glare everywhere - another report probably...

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
I'm just noticing that build beam illumination/mist creates this snapshot transparency effect, too. [In 1.0.1.1.]

... Well I can see the white and grey chequered pattern through the middle of this on my PC in Picasa photo viewer (and presumably Photoshop).

Attachments