1.0.0.7 Scotty problem & exploding tech w/save

-=ROOSTER=-

Complete Idiot
I built a tech today to test a problem I've been having with the "scotty" collector, and in doing so ran across a situation that will make the tech explode. I attached the save for testing. Load the save and then anchor the tech. The tech will start making bricks. Wait for it to finish and you will notice that it will stop even though the resources stored within the collectors are well within the range of the receivers. Leaving it anchored, place a GC fixed anchor to the bottom and the resources will stop moving. If you then remove the fixed anchor, the tech will start jumping around, and the front end will explode. Or at least it does on my machine. - Rooster

Attachments

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
Oh sorry, Rooster, I didn't realise what you'd reported here, that it was the same issue as my later report (that Sammi's linked there). Coincidence... Or relatively new bug, I guess.

you will notice that it will stop even though the resources stored within the collectors are well within the range of the receivers.
Receivers don't (shouldn't) take resources from collectors on the same tech.

-=ROOSTER=-

Complete Idiot
Thank you @Sammi. Better over reported than missed i guess.
Receivers don't (shouldn't) take resources from collectors on the same tech.
Really, not at all? So the resources that are getting picked up are the problem and not the ones that aren't? In which case the correct configuration would have been to leave out the collectors all together and go from receivers to silos then on?

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
Really, not at all? So the resources that are getting picked up are the problem and not the ones that aren't? In which case the correct configuration would have been to leave out the collectors all together and go from receivers to silos then on?
When on just a rotating anchor, with full collision physics, you'll be loosing a few resource chunks from the collector's grasp when they are full and bulging everywhere (so the receivers may rightly grab these strays).

The was also a bug, not so long back here, allowing receivers to take from the collectors on the same tech (fixed, IIRC).

I like to use collectors, for their greater range, and have them transfer to adjacent Silos, or use Alternators to automatically pull the resources onto Conveyors, I guess.