[1.0.0.7] Little graphical anomolies (ghosting, halos, shimmer)

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
I've grouped these together into one thread because they are all minor graphics issues that seem to have cropped up at the same time, with the recent tweaks to graphics settings, presumably.

(1) There's visible image ghosting in dusk lighting conditions, when moving camera around (save attached):

(2) Black holes have bright halos:

(3) There's a rippling/shimmering distortion effect from gyros (most visible with the large (GeoCorp) EXP Gyro), that can been seen on top of blocks which they are behind (demo snapshot attached).

(Go full screen, full resolution.)

Attachments

kae

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
Some spooky bugs here, nice!
I'll take a look, cheers.

Side note: DEVS PLEASE FIX HAWKEYE AND VENTURE CAB STEERING
Serious question here, who actually drives around in these things and in what situations would you need to?
If a decent amount of people actually use them to roll around I can have a look-see about upping the priority of the bug (still can't say for sure when it'll get fixed though, there are many many higher priority bugs.)

Dynamix

Do you want to have a GOOD time?
Serious question here, who actually drives around in these things and in what situations would you need to?
If a decent amount of people actually use them to roll around I can have a look-see about upping the priority of the bug (still can't say for sure when it'll get fixed though, there are many many higher priority bugs.)
There is a chance where we use cabs as a last resort on getting out of enemies,especially when they are immobilized but still has weapons.

AstraTheDragon

A dapper dragon
Website
1drv.ms
I find cabs are the best thing for navigating suspended platform paths on bases atop monuments and sometimes nice for driving around bases. I would love to see them fixed soon. Once when I was playing around I reverted TT to VER 0.6 or something and all the cabs drove completely fine, maybe the issue is some newer code conflicting? (I'm not a coder.) Thanks for taking interest!

WhitePaw2002

Modding Husky
Website
github.com
Carrying off Astra, I prefer navigating with singular cabs when I do not want to spend any time making a small and simple thing to travel around in, or where it is impractical to do so. Also, if it exists, it must for a reason. Otherwise we should be allowed to have the old GeoCorp boss cabs, which were removed because they do not have wheels...

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
Yeah, wheels sometimes look off, for sure. @callen0942 was saying this in a report the other day (redacted). I guess it's from any moving part then...?

I noticed today that the SCU halos can be other colours, too, e.g. if there's a red Venture block behind, the whole thing can go red.

callen0942

Not sure what has changed with is update. My screen is so sluggish. I have tried all 3 graphics. Fast seems to make everything worse. When moving my tech or panning around the graphics get fuzzy. I did not have this issue with the last update. Any suggestions?

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
(1) There's visible image ghosting in dusk lighting conditions, when moving camera around (save attached):

(1) seems to have been fixed in 1.0.1.3. (Perhaps the others too, I didn't look closely but don't remember seeing them.)

Edit: yeah, all three fixed now.

Last edited: