[1.0.0.4][Feedback] Bubbles too bright (shield, regen)

Bubbles are now...

• Too visible

Votes: 11 100.0%
  • Just right

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not visible enough!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
With the graphics updates (presumably) in this patch, the bubbles look rendered more vividly, sharper, brighter, more opaque.

I find them glary, uncomfortable to look at. I saw another comment on the patch notes. And I'm assuming this is a work in progress, so nothing to worry about.

2018-10-20 Bubbles too bright.jpg
HDR off, Fantastic. (Looks pretty much identical on other quality settings.)

2018-10-20 Glary shields 2.jpg HDR on, Fantastic.

It might be cool to have a couple different graphics settings for bubble opacity, or some other feature to that effect.

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
A bubble opacity slider would be a great addition.
Sure. I was thinking of 3 different presets that you could toggle via a keyboard shortcut. The lowest (essentially off) would need to have visual effects added for when a shield takes hits, I think. making it dynamically more opaque...

But this is more for a suggestion thread, or ultimate suggestion thread post! (Feel free to throw this in there for me, or a variation.)

AstraTheDragon

A dapper dragon
Website
1drv.ms
I've started a new campaign recently and it looks fine on techs small enough to fit into one bubble, but I agree that in your image it looks quite poor. I would love an opacity slider though, because I sometimes struggle to see when something is completely inside a bubble or not. I also hold by that bubbles are ugly so I'd like to see them visually removable too.

A Friendly Tech

Sure. I was thinking of 3 different presets that you could toggle via a keyboard shortcut. The lowest (essentially off) would need to have visual effects added for when a shield takes hits, I think. making it dynamically more opaque...

But this is more for a suggestion thread, or ultimate suggestion thread post! (Feel free to throw this in there for me, or a variation.)
Does Payload do PC-specific feature additions? I would think they'd only bother with features that will also work on consoles with their limited number of buttons.

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
Does Payload do PC-specific feature additions?
Well, technically Steam workshop interface and R&D DLC are PC only.

But I take your point, that there will probably need to be a way to have any regular campaign features work on all platforms, now, albeit with different UI interfaces, to accommodate the different input devices. I'm imagining that the control update will have a lot of things for PC keyboard that don't work as well on controllers, but I've no idea.

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
I'm assuming this is just an artefact of half finished graphics updates. But yeah, seems universally agreed - too bright/visible.

@ZeroGravitas shall we merge this with your thread?
Well, I posted a thread on this to the Unstable Bugs forum because that's been *the* place for all feedback on the unstable patches, previously. (That made sense keeping it separate from more general suggestions, given that changes in the Unstable are often transitory).

But since "Feedback" was removed from that section title and added here, I don't know where the devs want this kind of thing to go. From the letter of it, it would presumably go here. But I worry that some of the devs, for whom this is most relevant, don't follow this section as closely. (Devs please advise! :confused:)

Anyway, I think it'd be best to tag the thread title, here, with the exact patch number. So I've added it for you.

kae

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
Thanks for the feedback guys!

We'll be tweaking the values on the shield bubble brightness, let me know if it feels better on big techs in the next build.

Matt

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
Thanks for the feedback guys!

We've logged it as a bug so as such this thread should be moved to the Bugs section on the forum and (if possible) merged with the original bug report linked above.