[1.0.0.3] Progress Wiped

Discussion in 'TT Unstable Bugs' started by BenBacon, Oct 5, 2018.

1. BenBacon

BenBacon Founder Of Bacon, Inc

After the new update all mt progress has been wiped. This includes snapshots and saves

If anyone knows why this is happening or how to fix it I will highly appreciate it

Galrex and Seth_Seth like this.
  2. harpo99999

harpo99999 ah kick till it starts

possibly due to the changes for the remote file storage, BUT it has not hit me yet(and playing 1.0.0.3 in a campaign that I started in 1.0.0.2)

3. AstraTheDragon

AstraTheDragon A dapper dragon

HELLO! I noticed this too and the excellent thing is is that your files are safe and can be used again.
    All that's required is a bit of rearranging in the My Games folder. (Apologies that I cannot advise Mac and Linux users.)
    1. Locate your old files (search for snapshot or saves that you used to have.)
    2. There should be a folder in C:\Users\Astra\Documents\My Games\TerraTech with a long number of some sort. Within this folder is where your files must be placed.
    3. This numbered folder must contain the folders Cache, Saves, Snapshots.
    4. In folder Saves, you must move a folder named exactly after your ingame profile containing folders Campaign, Creative, Gauntlet, RandD (if applicable) with your relevant .savs in them.
    5. In folder Snapshots, you can place all your snapshots. (No new folders required,
    I hope this helps!

ZeroGravitas, Seth_Seth and BenBacon like this.
  4. BenBacon

Thanks for the info. I have been able to recover my saves this way

However, I do have one question: do I have to manually drag and drop every snapshot from the search list of is there a quicker way to do it?

AstraTheDragon likes this.
  5. AstraTheDragon

Glad to hear you were able to get them working again :)
    It should be possible to select multiple files by dragging a box around them or by holding ctrl and clicking files. Holding shift and clicking two files will select those two and all files between them (going from left-right and up-down.)

BenBacon likes this.
  6. BenBacon

I know this, but whenever I search a tech it only gives me one at a time. So that means I will have to search and drag hundreds of times

7. AstraTheDragon

Once you find one file, it should be possible to click 'open file location' in the menu when you right click on it, which will probably lead you to your old profile folder with your .savs and snapshots. I hope this is helpful, it's how I found them all.

BenBacon likes this.
  8. BenBacon

Thanks for the info
    However, it is hard to select all of the files because:
    Folder Problems.PNG
    As you can see, every snapshot has a TDC File below it

Thankfully, I have saved every tech that I needed to CubeUpload already so there's no need to get these now.

9. QuackDuck

QuackDuck Duck

I think you might be in the wrong folder, because that looks like the cache.
    It would probably be easier to search for .sav files, then use the bar thing on top ,which should display something similar to Documents>My Games>Terratech>Saves, and select the folder containing the saves folder (should be called Terratech). That folder should contain folders for saves, snapshots and screens, then you can copy all of those at once.

ZeroGravitas likes this.
  10. kae

kae PAYLOAD STUDIOS

Heya, we moved the location of the save games to the location below for the introduction of cloud saves.

DRIVE:\Users\*USER*\Documents\My Games\TerraTech\*STEAM ID*\

Are the saves not being detected in game for you?

AstraTheDragon and Galrex like this.
  11. Sdarks

Sdarks PAYLOAD STUDIOS

As Kae said above we changed the save location from Documents\My Games\TerraTech to Documents\My Games\TerraTech\*STEAM ID*\ to allow for cloud saves. If you play the unstable build it will copy all your saves over to there. If you want to get them back in stable just copy the entire contents of the \steamID\ folder (it'll looking something like \78038487927847\) and then paste it \My Games\TerraTech\ see the image below:
    upload_2018-10-8_11-26-34.png

upload_2018-10-8_11-25-54.png

Hopefully that makes sense to you. If not let us know

Edit: For Mac and Linux this is the same but the path to \TerraTech\ is different

AstraTheDragon and BenBacon like this.
  12. BenBacon

Thanks for the help
    I have also been able to locate my files in the cache folder-just a bit of renaming is required. However, some snapshots do not seem to be working even though they are .pngs
    When I get time to attempt to fix this (eg. taking the snapshots from the cache folder) I'll let you guys know if anything's wrong

13. Sdarks

Sdarks PAYLOAD STUDIOS

I don't think taking the .PNGs from the cache folder will work, I think they're just PNGs not snapshots (there's some extra hidden data in a snapshot png). The only way to recover your saves and snapshots will be to do the steps I said above. Sorry for any inconvenience, we did try and warn people that going back from unstable to stable would be tricky for this update :)

14. ZeroGravitas

ZeroGravitas Breaker of Games

Really? I'd not seen anything in the 1.0.0.3 notes... (Or elsewhere?)

I mean, not to quibble - there'd been a thread saying to keep stable and unstable saves separate for a long while (now gone), but I've not seen any need to adhere to that previously.

15. Sdarks

Sdarks PAYLOAD STUDIOS

My bad, I thought we were going to put a thing in the update notes, looks like we didn't!

ZeroGravitas likes this.
  16. Sdarks

Sdarks PAYLOAD STUDIOS