[1.0.0.3] Enemy capture base multi-tech disintegrates on bolt deployment

Discussion in 'TT Unstable Bugs' started by ZeroGravitas, Oct 18, 2018.

1. ZeroGravitas

ZeroGravitas Breaker of Games

Testing the "Take Rebel Station" grade 5 mission for it's new base tech population (it's really cool to see our techs turning up here :)).

However, the 4 arm sections of my "Umbrella" mutli-tech base (snapshot attached) all disintegrated when the bolts blew:

Save attached for re-testing.

Obviously it should have cabs in each arm. I'm seeing no signs they were detached, in the debris, so assuming they self destructed (or were removed in the snapshot after submission).

I've just re-tested it as deploying fine multiple times in Creative mode, so I don't know what's happening there.

I'll re-run the save pre-mission collection, to try to see if any other of the base techs have this issue....

Attached Files:

#1 ZeroGravitas, Oct 18, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2018 at 12:40 PM
    Aardvark123 likes this.
  2. ZeroGravitas

Lathrix got this tech as a capture base, apparently, and noticed the random disintegration (18m58s):

@kae - any chance this falls under the umbrella (;):p:oops:) of a larger issue that will be addressed (soon)? I'm assuming 1 tech's not a priority. Do you guys know why this is might be happening?

I've re-checked and it self deploys fine in R&D, when I set it to be an enemy. Do enemy techs in campaign somehow have a lower processing priority, in some why, that would make this more prone to the tech splitting disintegration bug? (Or some relative of it.)

#2 ZeroGravitas, Nov 1, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2018
    Aardvark123 and Galrex like this.
  3. kae

kae PAYLOAD STUDIOS

Hmm this doesn't look like anything we've got logged. It looks like the tech only explodes when it is controlled by the AI.

I'll look into this, cheers ZG!

ZeroGravitas likes this.
  4. ZeroGravitas

Yeah, weird. To clarify - only the *campaign* enemy AI. - in R&D enemy deploys it fine.

kae likes this.