[1.0.0.3] Capture Enemy Base Bug

Discussion in 'TT Unstable Bugs' started by BenBacon, Oct 7, 2018.

1. BenBacon

BenBacon Founder Of Bacon, Inc

I was doing one of the 'Capture Enemy Base' Missions, and weird things happened:
    -There were two bases
    -One was angled

I cannot upload a picture due to the 1MB limit, but here is a save

Attached Files:

ZeroGravitas likes this.
  2. ZeroGravitas

ZeroGravitas Breaker of Games

Oh cool, Kris got the new capture bases into the game.:)

2018-10-07 benBacon Capture Base bugs.jpg

Full screen:
    2018-10-07 benBacon Capture Base bugs.jpg

The one in your save (on the right) is "Decrepit Tower" by @Zorgomol:
    And apparently these are available from GSO level 4 missions. I'm assuming that's OK/deliberate @zanzistar? (The submission thread remit was for making level 5 mission bases, but this is great in my opinion, heh.) The bases without any explosive blocks will have only level 4 parts, so I guess that fits the spawn filter, here...?

It is expected to have a second 'decoy' base - that was the plan for the base submissions that had weapons. Although I think this currently makes it even more confusing than before. There's only a subtle/ambiguous white ring around the base you're supposed to attack, on the mini-map icon. (And if the mission's not selected, there's a yellow question mark indicator on the capture base's mini-map icon.) I think players will often find this kind of uncertainty upsetting, personally...

That's a pretty powerful, aggressive base tech too. Tougher, I think, than most/all of the recent submissions (with anchored power generation, bubbles, lots of fire power all around and multiple SCUs vanishing all dropped blocks if you die there). It's also got GeoCorp blocks, unlike any of the submitted bases. Again, I don't know if that's OK/deliberate, just down to different spawn filtering restrictions than the main base...?

That it's at an angle is (I think) just a product of the rough terrain (that it shouldn't really be spawned on) and its rotating anchor, that has physics these days (and is prone to be tilted on (re)loading in, I've seen in other reports/videos).

#2 ZeroGravitas, Oct 7, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2018
  3. ZeroGravitas

ZeroGravitas Breaker of Games

Just use a separate program that captures to jpg, like Steam. I use "Cropper" personally (old and cut down, but good and functional). Or convert to jpg. Or host it on Imgur or somewhere else and embed it.

4. kae

kae PAYLOAD STUDIOS

Heya BenBacon, everything's pretty much explained in Zero Gravitas' post.

I'll get this looked into, cheers!

BenBacon and ZeroGravitas like this.