[1.0.0.1] Flying tech controls do not function correctly when another tech is stuck inside it

Discussion in 'TT Unstable Bugs' started by NotExactlyHero, Sep 12, 2018.

1. NotExactlyHero

NotExactlyHero <custom_title_subtitle_[username]_display>

I'm unsure how to exactly describe this. If you take attached tech, and get into the air with it, then press x, after you stop pressing shift, the propellers only activate with W, and the wings on the craft do not react. It seems like you are given ground controls, although wheels do not turn.

I have no idea what has caused this.

Attached Files:

2. kae

kae PAYLOAD STUDIOS

Looks like the separated techs are getting stuck inside your main tech and causing issues.

I'll take a look into this for you.

Please be aware, this is a bug reporting forum and not a help forum, I've edited the title of your post to reflect the problem.

3. ZeroGravitas

ZeroGravitas Breaker of Games

This follows from the change, a little while back, that allows techs on top of other techs to entire build beam.

Any contact with an allied tech makes your tech 'grounded'. So it negates the possibility of flying multi-techs with standard aeroplane controls. (And actually would be another route to huver-bug techs, come to think of it...)

I thought this had been reported already but couldn't search it up. It was certainly talked about.

AstraTheDragon and JimmyBlether like this.
  4. Sdarks

Sdarks PAYLOAD STUDIOS

Whoops, this one is my bad. ZeroG is right that it's following the grounding changes, however it's a little smarter than just contact with an allied tech, it depends on the angle of the contact between the two techs and some other things. Until we have a smarter system I'll collect any techs that don't work as they should and see if we can tweak the values a bit make it more sensible. It's definitely not intentional to disallow flying multi techs, in fact I tested a couple but obviously with the amount of things you can build in TerraTech I missed a few types.

Also as Kae said please use the bug reporting template it makes things much easier for us :)

kae, AstraTheDragon and ZeroGravitas like this.
  5. ZeroGravitas

ZeroGravitas Breaker of Games

Good luck with that. ;) (Good job on tidying up and putting it in place, though, @kae.)