[1.0.0.1] Extremely weird behavior on explosive bolts activation

Discussion in 'TT Unstable Bugs' started by Nightblade Greyswandir, Sep 3, 2018.

1. Nightblade Greyswandir

Nightblade Greyswandir Nothing is good enough!

Press X and tech will brake apart... literally break in few big peaces....
    37423524.39999999_Sputnik 1 LS.png

2. BenBacon

BenBacon Founder Of Bacon, Inc

I have the same problem with this tech here:
    P 1500.png
    I think when a tech becomes too big explosive bolts fail completely

ZeroGravitas and JimmyBlether like this.
  3. JimmyBlether

JimmyBlether SFS SUPREME COMMANDER

Well, that tech is from the EXP days of the bolts.

And then GSO cab wheels stuck out when attached to blocks. A glorious age that was.

AstraTheDragon likes this.
  4. reaperx1

reaperx1 Crazed Builder

I ran into the same issue when building the forge for NeuTecha. It was horrible and somewhat cool all at the same time.
    I was really hoping that it was fixed by now. I had an idea of using the forge for an upcoming video, but I guess I'll hold off on that for a bit.
    Has anyone loaded a tech into their campaign game that uses the explosive bolts to have the bolts break with out even pressing X?
    I just ran into that today on a rather large tech that I have been working on.
    Have a good one [8D)

5. AstraTheDragon

AstraTheDragon A dapper dragon

I've been noticing that in RnD while working on my base for the Community Core challenge. Sometimes I've had to reload the same save a number of times to just get my tech to remain intact. :(

reaperx1, Legionite and QuackDuck like this.
  6. ZeroGravitas

ZeroGravitas Breaker of Games

Guess what I'm going to say... ;)

Can you upload that save file please. :)

Is this a new thing since 1.0.0.1? Does it happen every time or only occasionally?

I've added "[1.0.0.1]" to the title.

7. Nightblade Greyswandir

Nightblade Greyswandir Nothing is good enough!

This is a problem with AI activating explosive bolts and then all bolts stuck in activated. If you go to R&D and do not activate new turret with explosive bolts you can load your multitech normally, but if you attack them all explosive bolts will be activated on load tech. Until you quit to main menu and restart R&D. I suppose it is same in any mod of game.

kae, reaperx1, AstraTheDragon and 2 others like this.
  8. QuackDuck

QuackDuck Duck

I've noticed that too, it only happens occasionally though. Will upload save soon.

EDIT: R&D save below. The tech separation seems to happen fairly randomly, even though I have restarted the game and have not had any enemy techs use explosive bolts.

EDIT2: It just happened with the bolts underneath the OstrichTypeD2 in the save. It was the first save I loaded in this session.

Attached Files:

#8 QuackDuck, Sep 4, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2018
  9. ZeroGravitas

ZeroGravitas Breaker of Games

For reference (@kae), here's a quick video of @Nightblade Greyswandir's Sputnik launch pad tech getting 'remixed' on deployment:

The ship and the 4 black arms separate. But also, large swathes of the launchpad fragment tech get offset from other parts of the *same tech*, and some parts become totally detached.

This seems likely to be parallel threading issue (race condition). Given it only happens to large techs, that take a longer time to re-instantiate (or whatever the game does with split-off fragments).

The tech loading offset issue may also be getting involved in this specific case, or a fix to something like that issue...? The off-set fragment has (I think) become detached from the central anchored part (if that helps).

I was able to fix the tech, in the original post, by making the largest part (the launch pad) the primary tech fragment. (By removing and re-adding all the other cabs on the other parts - order of precedence by attachement.) Here:

Sputnik 1 LS ZG1.png

Same with @Benbacon's tech (where the main tech was loosing a few of it's blocks):

P 1500 ZG1.png

Of course, they are still subject to the premature explosive bolt triggering bug (should be a separate thread, maybe).

As said above, a good way to trigger this bolt activation issue is to:

(1) Load R&D.
    (2) Trigger the new demonstration splitting tech.
    (3) Load any tech with bolts via the replace current tech method (not the left hard spawn-in method). Even this tiny tech will succumb to this issue:

Test Bolt Deploy 1.png

The issue sticks around between R&D restarts (like many other issues). And as said, it also happens in creative and campaign.

#9 ZeroGravitas, Sep 5, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2018
  10. reaperx1

reaperx1 Crazed Builder

It does seem to be random from what I have seen. I reloaded my tech today to take some screenshots and the explosive bolts didn't break this time. I was in the campaign both times with the same save, but I had restarted the game of course so that may have helped.

Have a good one [8D)

11. reaperx1

reaperx1 Crazed Builder

That doesn't sound fun at all. I have had some luck in the campaign after a restart, but there are no guarantees.

Have a good one [8D)

12. reaperx1

reaperx1 Crazed Builder

It happened in 1.0.0.1 three times in a row yesterday, but when I reloading the tech today it worked fine and did not detach the bolts.
    Hopefully the bolts will get the love they need and all their issues will be fixed soon.
    Have a good one [8D)

13. kae

kae PAYLOAD STUDIOS

We're aware of issues with explosive bolts having trouble when used on large/mega techs.

This is a new thing separate issue that was introduced with the AI explosive bolt techs, good catch!
    Cheers!

reaperx1 and AstraTheDragon like this.