[1.0.0.1] Explosive Bolts techs (feedback and bugs)

Discussion in 'TT Unstable Bugs' started by ZeroGravitas, Aug 30, 2018.

1. ZeroGravitas

ZeroGravitas Breaker of Games

I've been testing out how the new, community sources explosive bolt techs (from this thread) deploy in practice, in campaign. They are randomised, of course so been unable to test them all, but I've seen about a dozen, across a few missions.

I've only been using my old, max level game save (started in 0.7.5), attached for others to try, so I'm not sure if the specific missions are different at plain old GSO level 5 (good save please somebody?). Would they be "Defeat Tech Gang and Defeat Enemy Waves" as stated in the patch notes?

The missions I've seen ex-bolt techs appear in, so far, are:

(1) "Destroy Enemy Army (Neutralise the Enemies)" - probably the best one, as it spawns an ex-bolts tech on it's own, randomised upon entering the mission area (see save, below).

(2) "We've Got Hostiles (Destroy the Enemy Tech group)" - pre-spawned as the middle of a cluster of 5 large techs.

(3) "Hooligans (Dispose of the Hooligans)" - same mission profile as (2).

(a) Feedback - In both of these, the smaller ex-bolt techs look really out of place as the king-pin. Especially as most the others have megatons, sometimes missiles.

Only 'Big Frank' has looked the part, so far, as a large mobile base (with 3 of his 4 small children stuck under his 'skirt'). Note that @zanzistar has taken a (old) version of @-=ROOSTER=-'s tech that's covered in level 5 armour (but it looks good to me, don't see why to exclude it...):

2018-08-30 Big Frank1.jpg

(b) Feedback - It seems kinda superfluous adding more techs to missions 2 & 3, when they already have 5. The explosive bolt deployment is easy to overlook - it's just more enemy explosions.

(c) Bug - The game only only requires you to kill the tech fragment with the primary cab in it - before completing the mission, or triggering the next phase. (e.g. with the Frank tech currently in game, above, one of the small fragments had the primary cab, so I finished that mission without killing the main tech.)

I think that enemy techs may be unable to target the non-primary fragments too (as per this report).

(d) Bug - all the fragments (and mutli-tech parts) that had their main cab pointing straight up or down get stuck in build beam. As per this old report. Kris said he (re)reported it to @Adriano, so maybe there's a fix incoming... But it currently breaks 2 of GKJ's submissions. Including this mutli-tech: the build beam had already pulled it's 'tongue' off, and here it's repeatedly flapping it's lid, stopping it moving, I think (of the AI broke:

I think players would mostly be entertained by the antics, though.

List of the techs I've seen appear in missions so far (only 1 per mission, so a slow grind to look for them all):
    • AtD Triade - ok (bad on hill)
    • The Squad - ok
    • Big Frank - ok
    • 002 [GKJ] - side techs immobilised by BB.
    • Explosive bolt tech5 {2x} - ok (small).
    • Bolt Spawnship - ok, but dropped my FPS to 20 on it's own (mortars).
    • Companion Cube [mine] - explodes disappointingly prematurely.
    • Bank of Joe [mine] - only 2 of 4 turrets anchor (on steep slope), only 1 could turn (due to terrain).
    • Explodey Boi {2x} - ok
    • 00 [GKJ] - multi-tech problems.
    • One Man Biker Gang - ok (highlights shotgun bug - knock back on allied techs).

Attached Files:

#1 ZeroGravitas, Aug 30, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2018 at 7:12 AM
  2. Revolver265

Revolver265 ZeroGravitas's #8 fanboy

I have a good GSO 5 Game save. You'll be able to run it on your computer it seems, judging by your GBC video and how you have it on Fantastic all the time. (My shader cores can do it, but it lowers my FPS from 23 to 18, still playable tho) Just let me know where to find it and I'll upload it.
    Edit: It's still on 0.8.X I believe, but they're in compatability. I still get the defeat enemy legions, but you might have to do some hunting as I usually ignore those. I moved a ways away from a GSO station, but it should still just be across some salt flats and a desert to the Station, and I'm sure your Venture Runabout will take quick care of moving the 1KM between stations.

3. ZeroGravitas

Should be in "C:\Users\[Windows_User]\Documents\My Games\TerraTech\Saves\[Game_User]\Campaign" on Windows (10).

And I'd just tidy up any techs lagging things. Mostly I'd need a decent killing tech that can get to missions easily, or good supply of blocks to spawn my own.:) (I'll not be doing any more testing tonight though, so no rush.)

4. kae

kae PAYLOAD STUDIOS

Heya ZG, I've logged issue (C) and as you mentioned issue (D) is being investigated by Ade right now, we might have to sadly remove some of the techs that aren't functioning correctly for the time being until we fix some of the underlying issues.

Thanks!

5. AstraTheDragon

AstraTheDragon A dapper dragon

Cool! Nice to have a confirmation my tech has been added, and yes I noticed the AtD Triade was a bit weak on hills... I could beef it up a bit more with wheels and propellers if the devs would like me to. (Of course this would involve deleting the old tech and adding a newer version instead.)

ZeroGravitas likes this.
  6. Sporked Spoon

Sporked Spoon Well-Known Member

I don't have visual evidence, unfortunately, but enemy bases using explosive bolts seems to break the "Convert Renegade HQ" mission, as destroying the minions broken off from the base seems to count as destroying the base itself, thus failing the mission

7. ZeroGravitas

I didn't think there should be any of those yet... That's what this new thread is for. (Do you have a save if so, so I could take a quick look later?)

But yeah, in theory, if a capture the base tech splits, and a smaller fragmet has the primary cab (first attached), then killing that small fragment will fail the mission. (Or win the mission in the "Kill enemy army", etc missions, above.)

#7 ZeroGravitas, Sep 1, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2018
  8. Sporked Spoon

Sporked Spoon Well-Known Member

Now that I think about it, it is possible that the base simply got caught in the crossfire when I was attempting to deal with the guards, one of which had about 10 of those pesky Megatons

ZeroGravitas likes this.
  9. ZeroGravitas

I've only just realised that the techs I was not seeing turning up in missions were the ones submitted later in the thread (I think)... I guess 1.0.0.1 only had the ones you took from part way through the submission process, @zanzistar? Are the rest in 1.0.0.2, now? (No patch note on it, but you never know...)