(0.8) Techs spawn in Monuments

The issue I'm running into is when I go to spawn a tech on top of the tall obelisks or on top of the tall rocks, my tech gets clipped into the rock or obelisk and are stuck until I despawn them. this happens to me 10/10 times.

Galrex

Possibilist
The issue I'm running into is when I go to spawn a tech on top of the tall obelisks or on top of the tall rocks, my tech gets clipped into the rock or obelisk and are stuck until I despawn them. this happens to me 10/10 times.
Click me to see the same issue getting reported. The Devs should have this one aware right now.

the.nihilist

Semiprofessional Idler
To my experience this only concerns unanchored techs. Before i ran into the bug myself i loaded anchored techs on top of a rock and everything worked fine.

So putting an anchor on the tech and having it anchored when the snapshot is made could be a workaround for most cases.

DrShadox

GeoCorp worker
Yeah i've see the Lathrix video too when it happen.

To my experience this only concerns unanchored techs. Before i ran into the bug myself i loaded anchored techs on top of a rock and everything worked fine.

So putting an anchor on the tech and having it anchored when the snapshot is made could be a workaround for most cases.
Also it can be a clue for Devs to fix that , so it's a nice thing you said it , thx.

R3G3N3R4T0R

Not really much to say but it seems that deploying any tech on top of a pillar in the desert, it will clip right down , not appearing on grassland rock pillars though. It seems that this is not a new bug as it bugs me when it is still 0.8.1.3 , still in effect though. I hope this is not one of my personal problem though.

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
I've merged @R3G3N3R4T0R's new thread titled "[0.8.2] Deploy into desert pillars" with this existing one on the same topic. Thanks for the report video. :) And thanks for the link @the.nihilist.

not appearing on grassland rock pillars though.
To be clear, these are generally termed 'monuments' as the 'pillars' are the black octagonal structures in the Pillars biome.

I've not heard of biome specific effects with many features/bugs before, are you sure? Could you give us a screen shot or video of an example location it doesn't happen the same please?