[0.8] Resources won't stay on silos.

Discussion in 'TT Stable & Console Bugs' started by Deutsche Würfel, May 20, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Deutsche Würfel

Deutsche Würfel I look good in this dress.

Every thime i load, stuff goes everywhere. And i tried moving my base.

and the filters stop working sometimes. You have to pull them off, and stick them back on.

Can't play until this is fixed. Also, i think this is what made my old save stutter.

[Edit 2018-07-01 by @ZeroGravitas - merged 3 separate posts for brevity.]

#1 Deutsche Würfel, May 20, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2018
    Seth_Seth likes this.
  2. ZeroGravitas

ZeroGravitas Breaker of Games

Interesting. This was reported on the Steam forum too.

So it's not a return of the old world tile seam problem then, if you moved the base and it still happens...? What co-ordinates exactly? Can you upload the save file please?:)

I need to investigate Filters in crafting more anyway after some new problems I've noticed with my mobile Compressed Fabrication System tech...

3. Deutsche Würfel

for me, it was a stacked base with the silos over top of each otyher. and all the stuff stored fine, but whenever i'd come backt o base or reload, about half the stuff would shoot off. Moved base, made a new one without stacks and it seems to have stopped. Also, it seems to have stopped messing up the filters.

so: new bug: silos with interlocking resources screws up the filters.

4. kae

kae PAYLOAD STUDIOS

Heya, we have a bug in our database about stacked silos dropping resources, in that case the resources were packed in mega tightly. We're talking so tightly packed in that the resource models would clip inside each other, is this the same as what you're seeing?

Can I ask you to upload a save game/snapshot so I could take a look please?

I'll take a look at the filters too :)

Thanks!

5. Deutsche Würfel

6. Deutsche Würfel

Sounds about right. Clipping other chunks and the silos.

7. Zed

Zed Well-Known Member

8. ZeroGravitas

Ah. So does it make the same kind of mess as if you'd picked up the base in build beam for a split second?

Those tall silo stacks tend to cause resource explosions if they get un-anchored so the full intersection physics is re-enabled. Hence my designs stop at 2 ply silo stacks.

No idea why Silo arrangement should have any effect on Filter function...

9. Deutsche Würfel

yeah. some suff falls or shoots off if you beam it.

Soviet_Samuelson likes this.
  10. ZeroGravitas

Actually. I don't think it's this, now. Above, I was thinking maybe the tech was being loaded in briefly unanchored and causing an explosion like when these setups are picked up in build-beam. (A loading glitch like the *old* silo dropping bug on map fault lines.)

But looking at some other saves just now, and experimenting, it seems like there's definitely a new Silo resource dropping bug. And I can't figure it out fully, as yet...

@Deutsche Würfel's upside-down silos get a 'haircut' in the save from his other thread. But one of the silos was cut off at a different level... And raising the base height up actually increased the amount cut off the bottom, but by far less than the distance lifted up. While resources higher up on the right-way up silos were unaffected...

In a modified version of his save I built another little test rig and found that the upside-down silos were all fine (at various height off-sets from the ground), but that right-way-up silo will always drop 3 of it's Ignian chunks...

[​IMG]

Save file attached to see both bases dropping resources upon load.

This is a really perplexing bug I feel I'm not grasping yet (not well enough to add to the crafting guide). It definitely seems like resource behaviour on bases is off in many little ways, though, since the GPU based processing (or whatever it was) optimisation change.

They fall off bases more easily and fail to be put into silos manually from angles that used to be fine, I'm sure. Etc.

Attached Files:

11. ZeroGravitas

Ahh, this is what you were referring to elsewhere (I think). Have you got a save game with the filters messing up, please? We might start another thread for that, though (if no one else has already...?)

12. Deutsche Würfel

Already posted.

13. ZeroGravitas

#13 ZeroGravitas, Jun 7, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2018
  14. PINHATT

PINHATT Member

ZeroGravitas likes this.
  15. ZeroGravitas

@PINHATT - Is this not what you were seeing when you loaded? I see only about 10 resources loose when I load (mostly carbius). You'd said (in the other thread):
    I'm using 0.8.1.3, here (the "Unstable" branch in the Steam options, "Betas" tab). I wonder if you see the same old save behaving better too? (I've attached it direct to this post too, in case your link breaks later.)

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

16. Maniacal Michael

Maniacal Michael Well-Known Member

I noticed that whenever I'd reboot the game and load a save all of my Lotsa Silos will have dropped a lot of their contents, I was able to recreate the bug by storing all my resource chunks in the silo, saving, taking a screenshot, and then rebooting the game. When I'd get back into the game a bunch of resource chunks would be all over the place and I'd have to collect them back up and store them again. I have also noticed that this would happen if i'd been away from my base for a long while, though I don't know what that particular time limit would be. Here are several pictures.

Before game reboot:
    [​IMG]

After Game reboot:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Seth_Seth and ZeroGravitas like this.
  17. Galrex

Galrex Possibilist

It looks like there's another report on silos dropping resources here

ZeroGravitas likes this.
  18. Zorgomol

Zorgomol Not a Number

Silos run "full physics" when the base first spawns after loading / long travel, same as unanchored silos, and Mixed Lotsa Silos have such tenuous grasp on their contents they just can't hold to a full stack with full physics and spill the top of each stack. So it is basically the same issue.

19. Mr-Vagabond

Mr-Vagabond Well-Known Member
    TT Translator

This is the bug when ressource drop because of the position of the base ( between two ckunk ) doesnt it ? You need to slightly move your base and the ressource will stop droping once your base will be entierly in the same chunk. (the chunk where the anchor of the base is stay loadedrop their d, but the chunk in which your base passe will unload and your silo will drop their contents )

20. ZeroGravitas

I've merged @Maniacal Michael's new thread, titled "[0.8.2] GSO Mixed Lotsa Silo dropping contents" with this existing one on the same topic (which I have moved here from the "TT Unstable" section).

Is there any reason you, or anyone, thinks that this only happens when the Silo contents are "mixed"? It's an interesting hypothesis, which I haven't properly tested, but it doesn't fit what I've seen so far. I think people have had their sorted Silo arrays still dropping chunks, right?

Nope. That older bug was fixed last year by @Django. The 'dropped' resources were actually duplicates that behaved strangely. And I've been checking the co-ordinates for the bases in people's saves and not seeing that pattern.

Maybe this is a side effect of the fix for that, or an overflow from it not fully working, in conjunction with new optimisation changes...

Unloading of techs is purely distance based, so over ~600m.

No, it's definitely not that simple. I mean, I'm always suspicious of momentary re-loading glitches, but I don't think that alone couldn't fit my observations.

This bug hadn't been happening at all for many months. And when drops happen, now, it seems entirely repeatable and very specific (to me), but illogical, happening to some Node Silos and not to others, and not to some Lotsa's with a mixed fill. Not cutting at a fixed height above/below, across the tech, or due to obstructions at a fixed offset, but often at the same level per involved Silo (I think). Not necessarily happening to multiply stacked, intersecting Silos.

I'm interested to see save files that appear to have been fixed by 0.8.2 (that definitely dropped consistently before):

#20 ZeroGravitas, Jul 1, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2018