[0.8] Resources won't stay on silos.

Discussion in 'TT Unstable (Bugs & Feedback)' started by Deutsche Würfel, May 20, 2018.

1. Deutsche Würfel

Deutsche Würfel I look good in this dress.

Every thime i load, stuff goes everywhere. And i tried moving my base.

Seth_Seth likes this.
  2. Deutsche Würfel

and the filters stop working sometimes. You have to pull them off, and stick them back on.

3. Deutsche Würfel

Can't play until this is fixed. Also, i think this is what made my old save stutter.

4. ZeroGravitas

ZeroGravitas Breaker of Games

Interesting. This was reported on the Steam forum too.

So it's not a return of the old world tile seam problem then, if you moved the base and it still happens...? What co-ordinates exactly? Can you upload the save file please?:)

I need to investigate Filters in crafting more anyway after some new problems I've noticed with my mobile Compressed Fabrication System tech...

5. Deutsche Würfel

for me, it was a stacked base with the silos over top of each otyher. and all the stuff stored fine, but whenever i'd come backt o base or reload, about half the stuff would shoot off. Moved base, made a new one without stacks and it seems to have stopped. Also, it seems to have stopped messing up the filters.

so: new bug: silos with interlocking resources screws up the filters.

6. kae

kae PAYLOAD STUDIOS

Heya, we have a bug in our database about stacked silos dropping resources, in that case the resources were packed in mega tightly. We're talking so tightly packed in that the resource models would clip inside each other, is this the same as what you're seeing?

Can I ask you to upload a save game/snapshot so I could take a look please?

I'll take a look at the filters too :)

Thanks!

7. Deutsche Würfel

8. Deutsche Würfel

Sounds about right. Clipping other chunks and the silos.

9. Zed

Zed Well-Known Member

10. ZeroGravitas

Ah. So does it make the same kind of mess as if you'd picked up the base in build beam for a split second?

Those tall silo stacks tend to cause resource explosions if they get un-anchored so the full intersection physics is re-enabled. Hence my designs stop at 2 ply silo stacks.

No idea why Silo arrangement should have any effect on Filter function...

11. Deutsche Würfel

yeah. some suff falls or shoots off if you beam it.

Soviet_Samuelson likes this.
  12. ZeroGravitas

Actually. I don't think it's this, now. Above, I was thinking maybe the tech was being loaded in briefly unanchored and causing an explosion like when these setups are picked up in build-beam. (A loading glitch like the *old* silo dropping bug on map fault lines.)

But looking at some other saves just now, and experimenting, it seems like there's definitely a new Silo resource dropping bug. And I can't figure it out fully, as yet...

@Deutsche Würfel's upside-down silos get a 'haircut' in the save from his other thread. But one of the silos was cut off at a different level... And raising the base height up actually increased the amount cut off the bottom, but by far less than the distance lifted up. While resources higher up on the right-way up silos were unaffected...

In a modified version of his save I built another little test rig and found that the upside-down silos were all fine (at various height off-sets from the ground), but that right-way-up silo will always drop 3 of it's Ignian chunks...

[​IMG]

Save file attached to see both bases dropping resources upon load.

This is a really perplexing bug I feel I'm not grasping yet (not well enough to add to the crafting guide). It definitely seems like resource behaviour on bases is off in many little ways, though, since the GPU based processing (or whatever it was) optimisation change.

They fall off bases more easily and fail to be put into silos manually from angles that used to be fine, I'm sure. Etc.

Attached Files:

13. ZeroGravitas

Ahh, this is what you were referring to elsewhere (I think). Have you got a save game with the filters messing up, please? We might start another thread for that, though (if no one else has already...?)

14. Deutsche Würfel

Already posted.

15. ZeroGravitas

@Deutsche Würfel - I don't see what you mean, can you paste a link for me please?:)

Last edited: Jun 10, 2018
  16. PINHATT

PINHATT Member