[0.8 & maybe -] GeoCorp Behemoth Wheel seem glide itself

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
So the clip appears to show Behemoth *Wheels* (I've corrected the title's spelling) first giggling about, as per this bug, and then the whole tech is slowly drifting rightwards on it's own accord.

Drifting techs are a very old issue. But things have changed a little with wheel physics/control, recently.

Centre wheel is also counter rotating to direction of travel. Similar to some I was just saying elsewhere:
I'll note that @DerNiepe showed me that the front wheels on a tech will tend to spin backwards when player's pushing the tech against a transition to a steep incline. (Wheels be messed up at the moment, with ground clipping, wonky asymetrical steering, etc too.)

DrShadox

GeoCorp worker
So the clip appears to show Behemoth *Wheels* (I've corrected the title's spelling) first giggling about, as per this bug, and then the whole tech is slowly drifting rightwards on it's own accord.

Drifting techs are a very old issue. But things have changed a little with wheel physics/control, recently.

Centre wheel is also counter rotating to direction of travel. Similar to some I was just saying elsewhere:

yeah but it happen also when the wheels didn't giggling , and even if no center wheels (with 4 total wheels) , as you can see below :
https://clips.twitch.tv/RoughRepleteCrabsDuDudu

Btw thx for editing , i'm not english and sometime i make mistakes ^^'

Last edited:

kae

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
Hey there DrShadox

Can you post me a game save or a snapshot of the tech that you're having issues with please?

I've tried putting the behemoth wheels on a few of my own techs and they don't seem to slide by themselves across the ground like yours do.

Cheers!

DrShadox

GeoCorp worker
yes of cours , i can send you 2 snapshots , they come in few minute ^^

Edit : it work if it's a .PNG file ? i've also found .TDC files next to them so maybe you need that instead ?

DrShadox

GeoCorp worker
In the case or .PNG work , i send you that (can't put them in my previous post with "edit" so sorry for double posting , also .TDC seem not to be an allowed file extension so can't upload them.

Attachments

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
This should be better/fixed in 0.8.2.2, with changes applied:

ncreased the passive braking of the following wheels:
  • GeoCorp Big-Boy Wheel
  • GeoCorp Behemoth Wheel
  • Hawkeye Big Daddy Wheel
  • Hawkeye Warhorse Wheel
  • Venture Monster Truck Wheel
  • Venture Titan Truck Wheel
As pointed out:
Thx Devs , my behemoth wheel now stop preperly and my tech stoped moving by itself ^^