[0.8] Blocks blink red and can't be repaired (GSO drill & anchor)

Discussion in 'Bugs (Stable Only)' started by DrShadox, May 23, 2018.

1. DrShadox

DrShadox GeoCorp worker

Hi again,

Some block blink in red even if they are full (atleast they still blink even in a green area) , even on Mike the drill blink, but it also occur with the rotating GSO anchor as i've see.

idk what i can add.
    Sorry for my english.

Twigjack and Zed like this.
  2. harpo99999

harpo99999 ah kick till it starts

this is a known issue, but we should keep drawing attention to this type of issue

Soviet_Samuelson and Zed like this.
  3. kae

kae PAYLOAD STUDIOS

As Harpo has mentioned this is a known issue and is on our high priority bug list, we'll be looking to get this fixed as soon as we can.

Cheers!

Soviet_Samuelson and DrShadox like this.
  4. JimmyBlether

JimmyBlether SFS SUPREME COMMANDER (on roleplay holiday)

I loaded up a creative save and the GSO large drill was flashing red, in a healing bubble, not healing.

5. DrShadox

DrShadox GeoCorp worker

yep , i speak about this block when i've speak about Mike in the first post.

6. JimmyBlether

JimmyBlether SFS SUPREME COMMANDER (on roleplay holiday)

7. layer1

layer1 Well-Known Member

Okay, so this is pretty minor. This has happened with at least two different saves and always with the same types of blocks: GSO rotating anchors and GSO Rock Drills.

These are all the GSO items, or at least all the items I had in my inventory. I drove a distance away so the display tech was off the map and returned. Note the two items in red. (oops, I forgot the flight blocks).

screen18.jpg

The same thing happens if I load a save. I've attached a save that has this display tech, but it should be easy enough to replicate in any save assuming it can be replicated at all.

I tested all the faction blocks in R&D and the Venture AI module is the only other block with this behavior. I didn't look at experimental, colored and--whatever those useless blocks are called: Steaming turkeys, Christmas presents etc..

If it can't be replicated, the only thing I can think of is that when I did a new install of Windows and Steam, I 'installed' TT by verifying the files in Steam and then ran it. If need be I can uninstall/reinstall as a test.

Attached Files:

ZeroGravitas likes this.
  8. QuackDuck

QuackDuck Duck

This is a known visual bug and will be fixed Soon™. It always happens when I reload the save, but is fixed if the part gets damaged then healed.

layer1 and ZeroGravitas like this.
  9. ZeroGravitas

ZeroGravitas Breaker of Games

I've merged @layer1's new thread titled "[0.8.1] Some resources damaged (blinking red) on game load or returning from a distance" with this existing one on the same topic. (And edited this thread title for spelling and content.)

Still, good work laying out all the blocks to test and show.:)

Previously reported in the TT_Unstable section here and here, where QA dev kae also said:

harpo99999 and layer1 like this.
  10. layer1

layer1 Well-Known Member

Oh shoot, I didn't search well enough. Thank you for your tireless work on this forum.

ZeroGravitas likes this.
  11. ZeroGravitas

ZeroGravitas Breaker of Games

This is fixed in 0.8.2.2. :) As pointed out here:

DrShadox, JimmyBlether and layer1 like this.
  12. DrShadox

DrShadox GeoCorp worker

We may close this one too (as for behemoth wheel) ^^.