[0.8.2] Scrapper Error {processing animation stuck on}

Discussion in 'TT Stable & Console Bugs' started by Lost Ninja, Jul 6, 2018.

1. Lost Ninja

Lost Ninja Well-Known Member

A purely optical error had it a couple of times, scrapper continues to work. If I store the scrapper the next one placed nearly always has the same visual bug only to guarantee getting rid of it is to scrap the scrapper.

[​IMG]

Looks like every possible particle effect on at once (they animate).

I do wonder if this is related to odd blocks that won't allow correct placement and often when placed won't allow blocks to be placed next to them, which often persists through storage/resummon.

ZeroGravitas likes this.
  2. ZeroGravitas

ZeroGravitas Breaker of Games

This is an old one, but I can't search down any previous reports. Closest is the bug with smoke animations being stuck on (e.g. from refineries). I think it's the exact same issue, just with a different processing animation. It may occur randomly, and possibly also if the block is unloaded while animating.

This bug totally infested my Great Ball Contraption build (in R&D 0.7.8, shown in video): It will also spread to all scrappers if you reload the game. So you need to restart the game to rid yourself of it.

You screenshot makes the shower of particles look more extreme, though. Is that just one scrapper...?

I've added information to the thread title in "{}".

3. Lost Ninja

Lost Ninja Well-Known Member

One scrapper and it didn't spread, on reload one scrapper would have the bug but it wouldn't always be the same one it saved with. First campaign played solely in 0.8.2 had the bug manifest 4-5 times over the course of the campaign. In the most recent play through it's so far not happened at all (at HE3).

Oh and the scrapper would have the bug as soon as it was placed not after working, but if used while it exhibited the bug it would retain the bug.

ZeroGravitas likes this.
  4. kae

kae PAYLOAD STUDIOS

Hiya Lost ninja,

I can't seem to reproduce this issue, do you have a save file on hand with the issue present in it for us to have a look at?
    Or any steps on how you managed to reproduce this issue would be good too!

Cheers!

5. ZeroGravitas

ZeroGravitas Breaker of Games

To be clear, this issue doesn't save.

It's caused when a tech is unloaded that is making this animation. The animation effect is then attached to a same type block when one is reloaded (or later, spawned anew).

My "Great Ball Contraption" build (attached) was plagued by this. You just need to load the save, then load it again (without exiting game) to see this bug. Loading a third time will bug *all* the scrappers, etc.

Attached Files: